Update on Pigeon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrampNPigeon

Reaction score
Okay.. so she's a tad later than I expected butthis morning when I woke up I noticed that she had started pulling furout for her nest. This is combined with REALLY off behaviour from herthe last couple of nights.. which my carpet has paid the biggest pricefor! She has been manically digging and even trying to ripe out thecarpet with her teeth.... to the point where I had no choice but to puther back in her cage. :( Even the watergun stopped phasing her.
Anyhow.... based on when she had the babies last time (while I was atwork in the middle of the day) I'm thinking I may have little ones bythe time I come home tonight. I get home from work a little after 6pmMST so expect another update soon after that. It should be soon!

Well.. I just got off thephone with my hubby and still no little ones, though from hisdescription the pile of fur in the nest is growing fast! Itold him to call me at work as soon as he sees any changes.Unfortunatly, he will also leave for work in about 2 hours and thenshe'll be alone for 4 hours until I can get home.:shock:Yes... I'm a worried momma right now.. this is bugginme that I can't be there! I'll keep the updates coming foryou guys too though and expect to have pictures coming in the nextcouple of weeks or so!

Okay.. got the boss to let me have an extra halfhour for lunch break so I ran home with a new "nest box" (it's just abox that they bring packs of paper in at work cut into the right shapefor her... perfect size and free!) since she had dug the bottom out ofthe old one. There is a little more fur than there was this morning andsince I put the new box in (relocated the nest she had been working onto the new box also and added a little more hay for her) she has beenfrantically working to restructure it the way she wants it! Really neatgetting to watch her at work. As I type she has a huge mouthful of hayhanging out both side that she's gathering to put in JUST the rightspot! Really awesome stuff... more updates as they come! *bounces offexcitedly*

Cheryl

Latest posts

Back