Update on Monsters

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We took Monsters to the vet on monday she's still in alot of pain, He did a blood work on her and didn't see any signs of infectionbut looked like there might be problems with her Kidneys. We droped off some urnie today and said everything looked good. She also has a small case of the snuffels.

For the pain meds which is Metacam. He upted the does form .13ml every 24hrs to .38ml every 24hrs so i hope this works out better cause the .13 wasn't more than about 10hrs. I think it just kind ofcut the edge off the pain.

For the snuffels she was given Novo-Trimel 1.2ml twice a day.

So we have scheduled another visit in 2 weeks to see if she's getting better. :pray:

Rebecca

They need to do blood work to truly evaluate the kidneys.
When Gabriel was in renal failure he had no bacteria or infection in his urine but the blood test indicated that his kidneys were not functioing well .

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:

Rebecca
What is that? I will have to look it up, but it's not in the regime of drugs that are normally prescribed for buns with a URI, hmm.:?

AngelnSnuffy wrote:

Rebecca
What is that? I will have to look it up, but it's not in the regime of drugs that are normally prescribed for buns with a URI, hmm.:?
It's just another name for trimethoprim sulfa which is OK for rabbits but not the strongest med available

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Thank you for clarifying that, Angieluv!:)

How is Monsters doing?

She appears to still be in pain as she is still avoiding pressure on her foot :( We don't want to see her in pain, but we don't want to put her down really, she is eating and peeing fine as far as we can tell, though she doesn't pee very often... but she sure knows how to poop. Her kitchen mate (they now live in the kitchen where the table would go in an apartment) Flufflies who had his head tilt loves to keep her warmed and well loved.

Other than that, we think she's doing just fine, for an old bun. I think she still misses her first fate (that we gave her at least) Cookies who died of unknown, but she learned to share her love now with Fluffies now that his hormones are pretty much no more.

Kristina, the buns owner from the name of Tinker Bell @ at the AM (auction mart) to getting home and named "Monsters".

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Thank you for clarifying that, Angieluv!:)

How is Monsters doing?
She appears to still be in pain as she is still avoiding pressure on her foot :(
Her foot? I didn't see that mentioned before, what is/may be wrong with her foot?:? Just trying to find a cause, not trying to fault you, ok?;)

Her back right foot is sore. The vet didn't say anthing about it so i think it's part of her arthritis. She goes back in 2 weeks for a follow up.

When i was at the vets she wasn't hoping at all. So he didn't get to see her active. She was playing shy cause she didn't know that Vet.

What i didn't know is at the Universtiy the Exotics swithchout every year in July. So the Vet that we saw all last year has gone back home to Spain. And Dr. Parker who oversee's the Exotics department was on holdiays the week we went in. Dr. Parker we know well as she did all the Spay's/Neurter's of all our bunnies. So we saw the new interne. Not that he didn't know what he was doing but we just didn't know him.

I think that you mean that she favors her left foot,,you don't mean that she actually has a sore on it..do you??

I know what you you must be feeling re. seeing a vet that you haven't seen before...
it's hard if you don't know if he's experienced :(

Hi,

No she doesn't have a sore on her foot. Sometimes she doesn't like putting pressure on her right foot. But she has fluffy to abuse. I was thinking of buying her a doggie bed so she would have soemthing soft to sit on other than the stuffed rabbit i gave her and Fluffy.
I have made Monsters and Fluffy a cozzy cage out of Rubber Maid Cubes and it's set up in the kitchen which has linolium on the floor. She's still eatting and drinking fine, but we (as in me) will definatly keep a close Eye on her.

Rebecca

angieluv wrote:
I think that you mean that she favors her left foot,,you don't mean that she actually has a sore on it..do you??

I know what you you must be feeling re. seeing a vet that you haven't seen before...
it's hard if you don't know if he's experienced :(

I just picked Monsters up today cause she comes running over every time I enter there Playpen/Cage area. I turned her upside down and Ijust saw a small sore on the bottom of her foot. I don't know how she could of got it as there Playpen/cage are is Linoleum and I have the bottom of there store bought rabbit cage in there as well which is just hard plastic. She goes back to see the vet next week. Is there anything i can put on the bottom of her foot to make it feel better? I think this is what is causing most of her pain issues. It has to be. If it's not i'm worried i'm not doing her any favors by keep her with us and drugging her up.

Rebecca

Latest posts

Back