Update on Mitchell Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn J

Reaction score
Just a note to thank all who came forward to giveadvice and consolation a few weeks ago when my sons bunny (April) hadher entire litter die. Mitchell is doing much better and is lookingforward to the arrival of his second litter next week from his otherfemale bunny (Tiny). I really hope all goes well. I will definately bekeeping a closer watch on them this time. Taking your advice and notbeing afraidto handle thebabies to make sure theyare being fed.We also decided to give April one more chanceat motherhood. After all we were all new at it last time around. Maybeshe has learned from her mistakes as have I. If all goes well sheshould have her babies in about three weeks.

I have read that spinach and broccoli are good supplements to therabbit pellets and is benefical to helping a nursing mother rabbitproduce milk. I have been giving a small amount each day to ourrabbits. If there is anyone with other advice with regards to specialdiets for pregnant and nursing rabbits I would be glad to hear it.

I will keep you posted on the arrivals. It is funny how Iamjust as excited as my son over the anticipation of these new babies. Ijust want all to go well for him . To give him a happy experience thistime.

ThanksAgain,Carolyn J

Nice to see you again, Carolyn.

Make sure April has unlimited amounts of water and pellets and timothy hay. She'll go through more than usual.

Am I mistaken or has April had 2-3 full pregnancies with all four stillborns?

-Carolyn

April had eight babies and they all died at oneweek of age. They appeared to be fine up until this time. I had givenher quite a bit of fresh hay the day before. I still believe that sheunknowingly piled this on top of her already totally buried babies andsmothered them. It was her first litter.

Carolyn J

Carolyn J - Just read your post.I musthave missed your first, sorry about your loss! Your poor son bet it washorrible for him!

On a positive note congratulations on the pregnancies of Tiny andApril. Hopefully April's instincts now will tell her what todo! Hope all goes well and keep us posted!:)

Vickie

Latest posts

Back