UPDATE on Marissa (Delta's neck improved )

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pray: How is Delta doing? Hopefully a bit better. Sounds like she may have been a bit a long with it when you got her. It can be treated sucessfully (as others have noted), I hope she gets the chance to recover. Keep us posted!

Well she's still up and moving around some , Thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts.Unfortunately, theantibiotics and injections don't seem to be working.. I will ask about the Baytril and metridonazole today when I go in. She ate some last night but she has virtually stopped moving and stays in the part of her hutch that keeps her hidden. I take her out in the morning and evenings for her antibiotics but she just snaps her teeth together and doesn't move. When I put her on the floor she rolls non-stop so I tend to keep her in the basket with a blanket. I usually keep her out for about 2 hours at night petting her and talking to her

To Doot's Momma: Thank you for the offer to take her but she's so stressed right now its' probably best to keep her at home, especially since she's eating again.

Her antibiotic is 1/2 dropperful of Tribrissen 2x a day. She's been treating for three weeks, but has only gotten progressively worse.

I hope she is not suffering

Marissa

HI!

Well, Delta still has her head tilted all the way to the side, but now she is "running" around and eating and basically acting like a normal bunny. She cannot stand up on her back legs or jump, and gets very disoriented when moved, so I changed her living space so that it is not up high in the hutch but down on the ground so she doesn't have so far to go to get out on the carpet and play. She only rolls occasionally now. I'm keeping up with the antibiotics, not sure if I should take her into the vet now with the big change, one of the vets at the hospital had suggested I put her to sleep! Thank goodness I didn't. She still seems a little "slow" mentally but is happy and sweet which is all the matters...(also she is very interested in the kitten, pictures to follow) Thanks for all the prayers, I'm convinced it made a huge difference last week when she was feeling really bad :angel:

marissa wrote:
Her antibiotic is 1/2 dropperful of Tribrissen 2x a day. She's been treating for three weeks, but has only gotten progressively worse.

I hope she is not suffering

Marissa

Oh man I just saw that. Tribrissen is not going to do anything. It didn't even make a dent when Ringo was just sneezing before the head-tilt.

I am glad she is doing better.

it sounds as if you are doing a great job with her ,Marissa, but stronger antibiotics would most likely cause her to improve a lot faster.
Do you have a choice of vets?

Yes how is she?

Well,

Unfortunately Delta has started declining again. Taking her to the vet tomorrow to get Baytril and ask about Meclizine. She has begun sneezing a lot in a row and has started rolling immediately when brought out of her cage. I have been cleaning dried snot off the top of her nose when she misses it herself.

the good news is she is still voraciously devouring pellets, hay, and brocclis and comes over to get out of the cage when I come home at night and when I take her out in the morning. I give her little neck rubs since her head is completely tilted again and she loves that. Still bunny flopping but i think that is because she is not comfortable any other way.

-Very sad bunny mom:cry4:

Hooray! Delta is cured :) She still has a slight tilt to the head but I believe that is because she wants to see everything and she only has one good eye and is completely deaf. She is a super snuggle bun and lays on the bed next to me when I watch tv at night...but I have to keep petting her or I get nipped. Still giving her a little baytril pill every day, but she is so much better, she can even hop out of her cage now. Now if only I could potty train her...

Thank you to everyone who posted on here, I definitely needed the support

Bunny kisses

Marissa

MoreAnimals162.jpg

This is beyond awesome. :biggrin2:

Your little guy is cute. I also have a bunny that has recovered from wry neck. 1 year ago is Oct he got sick i think 'cause my sisiter and I were taking a holiday without him and he had to stay with Grandma. Since his recovery he can now hold his up when he's on the floor but once I pick him up his head falls over and looks so cute, I can hold him on my left side cause thats theway his head falls over. He likes to run in circles something he did a lot when his head was tilted over. My little one like yours got worse before he got better. I spent 3nights at the hospital.

Hope your bunny does just as well as mine did.

Rebecca

Thank you for all the sweet words! I unfortunately received some MORE bad news today (sigh) I am getting orders to go to Ft. Campbell (Kentucky) and then will have to deploy to meet my unit in Afghanistan. Not sure what to do with my special needs baby, I'm working on my mother in Ohio to take her...she has two cats and a daschund but a big empty porch that could use some bunny love i hope

Say a prayer!

-marisa

Latest posts

Back