Update on Head Tilt / Wry Neck Momma and kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bojay

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm sorry things have gotten hectic and I haven't been able to "hang out" here.

I just wanted to let you all know that Biscuit is doinggreat. She is 99% better and if you didn't know her youwouldn't even notice she has head tilt. She is now a housebunny and runs around the office (and I mean runs, a marathonbunny! ) with her surviving kit, Caviar (other kit, Triscuit died atfour weeks). I had to shampoo the carpet, but other thanthat, no problems whatsoever with the cat or dog, infact, everyoneseems to enjoy the new arrangement.

Biscuit was always a sweet bunny, but didn't like to be held much andwas quite nervous. However, after her illness, she is adifferent bunny now. Very friendly and not nervous atall. Still doesn't like to be held much, but not nearly asskittish about it.

Caviar is very cute and growing well. I never seperated momfrom kits when she was sick and at 6+ weeks, I believe she is stillnursing. I "think" Caviar is a doe and hopefully I can keepthe two together.

When I took Biscuit to the vet the morning after the onset of headtilt, the first thing the Vet recommended was euthanization.I didn't take that as an option, thanks to the wonderful people on thisboard and all the great information on treatment, Biscuit will beliving a long healthy life with her baby.

I'll try to participate more on this board when my life has settled down a bit. Thanks again everyone!

That is great news.... I really hope you have twodoes instead of 1 of both. Can you post pictures of them soon? CONGRATSTO YOU AND YOUR BUNNIES!!

Congradulations WTG!!! gladeverything came back to normalsoo sorry about little trisuit. comesee us when you can ,

Hi Bojay. Glad your back with us. I've missed you, but then again I have understood your absence from the board.

I was really pulling for little Triscuit and was so sorry to hear thatshe didn't make it. I did post something on your last post about her.

However, I am over them moon to hear about Biscuit. Thats great news.If I was you I would be extremely proud of yourself for nursing herback to health. Its great that she is now indoors with you. I think sheunderstood all the love you gave her when she was ill and now she iscompletely relaxed with you.

I hope Caviar is a doe and they can be kept together. That would be wonderful.

Don't worry about not participating a lot. Whenever you feel up to it jump right back in, we'll always be here for you! :)

Love Vickie xxxx

Latest posts

Back