UPDATE: On Crusty Eye!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadeRabbit

Reaction score
I posted this thread back in July, One Eye Is Crusty?.
Well, I started giving him a diet of Timothy Hay blocks, veggies, and sifted Rabbit pellets. Well, I gave him some loose hay and I wasn't thinking at the time. The loose hay was semi-dusty. And his eye is back to being very crusty. I am thinking he has an allergy to dust.

I have been calling around and asking veterinarians about spaying and neutering a rabbit. I will also take Rikki Tikki beforehand to get a check-up on him.

I just wanted everyone's opinion on this.

I'd just take the Timothy hay out and see if it'll clear up again. If the hay blocks don't seem to bother him, and he'll eat them, then I'd just feed those, or even better, since they need lots of hay, find another hay, like Oxbow has a reallly good and not dusty one, Orchard grass hay, and the bunnies all LOVE that stuff.

I completely cleaned his cage of hay. The hay blocks don't bother him and he loves them. I'll wait a little bit and see how it progresses.

Good job on finding out what was causing is crusty eye!!!!! I hope that you can find hay that will not make his eye crusty. Those hay blocks can add up, money wise. Is there a way that you can get them in bulk?

I got some Orchard Grass. After I put some in their, his eyes just seem to pop and glow happily. But he made put it in his vegetable bowl. He is happily eating it. Even though it is a Kaytee brand, it isn't that dust. All the dust is in the bottom. I may try to get a big bale online.

Latest posts

Back