update on blossom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
Well I think Miss Blossy is comingaround. She is eating alot of carrot tops and parsley andjust nibbling on hay and oats. She still is not eating herpellets, which surprises me because she normally eats them rightup! I weighed her and she went from 3.1 lbs to 2.7 lbs, soshe definitley lost some weight. The vet said for now let hereat anything she wants, even if it is not the most appropriate thing,so she has had quite a bit of captain crunch and wheat thins!but Ithink I need to cut those out starting tomorrow so she does not getused to that diet! Just this afternoon she started having anormal amount of poopies, and they seem to be back to the normal sizeand color, really, whoever would of thought that i would be excitedabout 'normal" bunny poop;) She is running aroundlike normal too, and is meaner than mean when you go in hercage, she is extremely cage territorial!! (will thespaying help this???) sometimes I wonder how such a cute little bunnycan be so tempermental!! I am just so happy she is starting to feelbetter:) I had one more question too. As i havementioned before, she lives in the sunroom and being as it is SO COLDhere (-4 right now with a windchill of -20bbbrrrrr) the sunroom getsdown to about 55, is that to cold for her while she is recovering????we can not put a bed of any sort in her cage cuz she would eatit. We have been running a space heater on and off for hersince she came home on monday, but we can not run it for more than anhour and a half and I am sick of getting up all night long to turn itoff and on! thanks again for all your help...Tracy

I've read that "ideal" bunny temperatures arebetween 50 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I imagine that "ideal"applies to convalescing bunnies as well. If you areconcerned, however, cover the cage with a blanket during the evening,in such a manner that she cannot grasp and eat it. That wouldinsure Blossombunny was not subject to any drafts, which are moreproblematic that cold tends to be.

As far as her relative "meanness" goes, we found that some of our bunswould react in a nasty manner to their bonded partners when they werenot feeling well, or in pain. Blossom most certainly is stillfeeling sore and may react accordingly. Give her a week or soto feel more normal and you may see a change in her attitude, as well.

Happy to hear, though, that her health seems to be returning to a more normal and stable condition.

Buck

What great news!

:shock:Bunny poos are important! I would be excited to see normal ones after her surgery! :D

I put a towel over Bo's cage where the air comes in sometimes fromoutside. Just to keep him out of the drafts or the drafts outof his cage rather! If you can't drape her cage, put a chair with ablanket on each end, a bit away but close enough to blockdrafts. You could also put cardboard or something over thetop ... anything to insulate her. What about straw or hay forbedding?

i would be careful about giving to many"sugarfoods" you don't want to cause an over groth of bacteria in hergut... just a thought

Latest posts

Back