update on bald patches

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheridan

Reaction score
Well, I took both of the bunnies to the vettoday. Ellie had some dandruff around the bald patch so he took samplesand had a look under the microscope.
He says that he couldnt see anything. He also checked with a UV lightand nothing showed up. So he has taken some samples and has sent themaway but that can take up to 6 weeks for the results as they will usedirect immunofluorescense.
I have to drop Ellie off on Friday when they are going to take some scrapings and stuff.
But overall he doesnt think it is mites or ringworm. He thinks it could just be behavioural. What a relief!:colors:

I hope your bunny is just dandy. Keep us updated. We also love pics!!

You can read aboutdandruff at the Bunny 101 section too. I seem to remember a section on dandruff. :D
Edit: I also remember that that might be mites, or something to that effect.

thats why I was concerned about the dandruff.But thankfully so far it doesnt seem to be it. I will def get some morepiccies, I just love sharing my bunnies with everyone!:colors:

glad to hear the girlies are doing well.hopefully its just behavioral. good thinking getting them to the vet,better safe than sorry!

Keep us posted!

Well, Ellie had a GAtoday and had ksin scrapings taken. The vet says he couldnt seeanything but has sent a sample away to check.
So its all good at the moment!

Latest posts

Back