Update on Alice and babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snagliph

Reaction score
So, Alice definitely was only having a false pregnancy. Everything is back to normal. :biggrin: I am very much relived :biggrin:

A couple of days ago I decided to separate the boy and girl baby bunnies. I know they can become sexually mature around 12 weeks, so just in case... The boy is now living in the small cage I used for Alice to have her babies.

I re-introduced Alice to her daughter outside on harnesses (will say more about that in a moment). Alice was friendlyish at first, then decided it was time for some "dominance humping". I removed her so that she wasn't overpowering the baby (who didn't seem to care). After a bit the baby would just hop away every time that Alice got "humpy", and Alice stopped trying. After that they were sniffing eachother and following eachother here and there. So, I decided to try them together in the big 2-story cage where the babies had been living. It went great. They are getting along fine, no attempts to nurse, and no fights. They like to sleep on the top floor nose-to-nose. It's really cute.

Harness wise, well I decided to try a harness on the babies (same day I swapped them - the swapping came after the harness thing). The girl was a bit nervous when I put it on her, but after it was on hopped happily back and forth on the couch. After a bit it occurred to me to let her meet her mom outside (where Alice was already hanging out for a cage cleaning). So I clipped on the lead (one of those elasticy ones), and took her outside. I was prepared for her to get upset when she felt the pressure of the lead, but she was fantastic! She not only didn't panic, but even gave to the pressure! What a good baby bunny :big wink:

I also tried the harness on the boy bunny. He was easier to get it onto, and was fine about wearing it on the couch (didn't get him on the lead yet). The only problem I had was that he hated the sound of the velcro as I took it off. It is one of those vest-style harnesses with both velcro and a clip to do it up. I think he will be equally good when I get him outside on the line. I might try it tommorrow if I have time.

So all is well in Sangliph's bunny world :biggrin:Though I still really want to find boy bunny (and maybe girl bunny) a home.

Latest posts

Back