Unusual behavior for my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim1218

Reaction score
First, I guess it's important to know Shadow's normal diet. She gets 1/8 cup of timothy pellets twice a day, as well as a handful of Orchard Grass 2-3 times a day (for some reason she won't eat it if it sits in her bowl too long). Along with this she gets either a baby carrot or slice of apple almost every day, and a few of those T-Rex brand pretzel treatsevery day. Usually she comes running when she hears the treat bowl rattle because she LOVES her pretzel treats. All day today she has had no interest in treats or her carrot, and won't even come out of her cage. She was fine last night when she was out. It doesn't look like she's touched her hay today, and she only ate about half of her morning scoop of pellets. She must be drinking her water because I filled it this morning and the water level has gone down by about an inch. I've seen her using her litter box and everything looks normal in there. I changed her litter yesterday, so everything in there is recent. All her food/treats are the same exact brand as always - no changes for at least the last 6 months or so. I'm concerned because she won't come out and acts like she doesn't know me when I reach into the top of her cage to pet her. She usually presents her head to me so I can pet from her nose to the top of her head, or stretches up to see what goodies I have for her, but she's backing away from me or running to the lower level of her cage today. Any ideas what might be going on with her? She's almost 2, andI had herspayed over a year ago. I appreciate any insight into her behavior.

Latest posts

Back