Unpeeled willow baskets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
Was in Stein Garden & Gift last week with my sister. Spotted some baskets in the basket aisle that look almost identical to the Busy Bunny chew rings made out of the same willow type reed. Small baskets with handles in various oval, square shapes were priced at $1.99. No staples or nails in the baskets.

Two bunnies in the house have already chewed their basketto pieces...

[ Shopping alert for those with munchy bunnerswhochew with enthusiasm. ]

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I have been trying to keep my eye out for some willow stuff at stores because it is so much cheaper then buying them from pet stores.

slavetoabunny wrote:
For those of you with Michael's in your area - they have great willow rings there. $0.80 each. They are in the floral section.

Was there a warning of some sort on willow rings like bun head get stuck or something? I just want to get some but want to make sure I keep the gang safe.

Mrs. PBJ wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
For those of you with Michael's in your area - they have great willow rings there. $0.80 each. They are in the floral section.

Was there a warning of some sort on willow rings like bun head get stuck or something? I just want to get some but want to make sure I keep the gang safe.
Another thing too, is to clip the basket handle with a scissors (at the very top curve.) Yes, Mrs. PBJ, I have heard of stories of bunnies getting trapped by accidentally flipping a ring or handle enclosure over their head and neck, and then desperately trying to get out of the noose. Could scare your bun to pieces. Be on the safe side and snip the ring, handle, or anything that poses an entrapment hazard with a scissors. I'd watch out for thick dimensions!

:wave: thanx for the tip on Michaels!

Along those same lines, I've heard of a shelter bun getting her foot entangled in towel threads, which eventually cut off the circulation in her foot (when no one was around to notice this happened). Her foot needed to be amputated. My friend has this sanctuary bunn.

Back