Unhappy about recent rabbit purchase

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GorbyJobRabbits wrote:
I just picked up a young Flemish Giant doe. I really respect the breeder. I asked his honest opinion he looked them over and then laughed and said 'please don't judge them the way I do, you'll find your own method'. He then inspected all parts of the rabbit and when he was done he requested I recheck her teeth and make sure I think she is a she.

I find that statement interesting. I guess breeders have their preferences, that's why judging is so..... I can't find the right word. One rabbit will get BOB with one judge at the same show and then place low again under another judge.

All breeders need to do with he does. Request that the buyer inspect the rabbit further

We went through them all, and I told him more of what I was wanting to match up with my buck, I wanted a doe that was longer in body was one of my main things I was looking for. He holds them in his hand and has their butt to him and looks them over starting that way. Hes been a flemmie breeder for years, so, I took his word. Maybe a mistake on my part, but he also asked that I find my own way lol.

After getting some weight on her we're hoping to get them to a few shows. So we'll see lol.

Back