Unexpected Kits!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1420074136.427374.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1420074226.367133.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1420074290.591221.jpg
Really looking like a rabbit now!! Such an adorable little thing, can't keep the baby in the nest it keeps moving the toys and getting out so I've given up and just let the baby roam in the cage. Watch it tho so it doesn't cause trouble, mama doesn't seem to mind in fact they cuddle a lot. It's funny I love watching the baby feed

Awww, such a cute little fluffball :inlove: You must be loving every second of this. Babies are so much fun.

She's fine not staying in the nest anymore. Pretty impossible at this age to keep her in anymore. You can just go ahead and remove it if it is still the nest with fur and stuff. It looks like she prefers snuggling with mom anyways. The only thing to watch would be if she is small enough to fit through the bars of the cage. You don't want her getting stuck. Could zip tie some cardboard pieces along the lower edge if that's the case, to prevent any accidents.

You want to wait til the baby is weaned to get the mom spayed. Then if you still keep them together after, just watch that mom still accepts the baby being around.

The baby is trying to steal the mommas treat, a cranberry orange flavored flavor cookie I got from petco today. Yesterday Yuki made me laugh. Changed up my room to give her a lot more space and so when I finished I gave her some carrots and celery. Didn't let her finish both big sticks tho so I put them on the coffee table in my room next thing I know she's up there eating them x)

I do love it, it's interesting to see them grow so fast in such a short amount of time. Two weeks ago I could fit both of the babies in my hand now she doesn't even fit in my hand. And then she is adorable and I love seeing Yuki being a good momma! Right the kit has taken up to running around the cage and jumping it's so cute and she's much steadier now it jumping and hopping around

The kit is also using the litter now, I'm shocked. Though I do have a question is it normal to have the kit when she is moving to shake it's head randomly like it got a shiver? Also when she jumps it's like she's freaking out sometimes is that normal I can't really describe it good

So I see what you mean by the Vienna Gene now, She has the streak on her head, and then the little patches on her back feet. Now Im thinking that she might have blue eyes too, as much as her eyes open its black but sometimes when she is looking a certain way it looks blue. Can her eyes be lue and its just not showing yet? or is the white part in our eyes just have a blueish tint?

I got a vid of her binkying but can't post it on here I think I'll make a page on Facebook so you all can see the pics and vids on her

Back