Unexpected addition!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddysMom

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I went to the store today topick up hay n stuff for Freddy and all then we saw this lil bunny withpart of her ear chomped off!!:tears2: needless to say

shecame homewith us. It looks pretty much healed,but the scar tissue is very thin and I want to make sure that itdoesn't become infected. i don;t want to put anybacitracin onit cuz im sure thats not good for her to ingest....but would betadinebe okay?its liquid so it will be absorbed right into theskin. I stuck in a drawing of herear...actual pictures willbe up soon....the tipof the ear is gone and also there is alarge hole right beneath the chunk thats missing. oh oh....and alsoshould i watch the small piece of skin thats holding the ear togetheris that going to rip as she grows? ...im making an appt. with the vetass we speak but opinions here are well valued!! :sunshine:

ear.jpg

xoxo

-tiffany(sorry for the bad drawing lol)

hahah! nice drawing... :pthe bunny inyour profile picture thing, is so cuute! aw... i hope the bunny isokay, im sure she'll be fine.

not yet, he's still too young...we still haveanother month and a half, but as soon as the date rolls around he'll begoing in.....the two of them will be under strict supervision untilthen if they are out together...

shes tiny :( .. id say still a baby baby.. nomore than three months...thats why im really concerned about keepingher ear from getting infected cuz shes so little! ....freddy is aboutto hit his 5 month mark.they had her off to side on discountb/c no one wanted her cuz of her ear :( ...hurt animals break myheart....i asked the lady at the store how long she had it if ithappened there..she said no that the bunny came in likethat..yady..yady...the whole thing really upset me ...it just seemedlike she didnt care enough...

If she and Freddyplay there is a chance that she could get pregnant. Freddy isdefinitely able to reproduce now (since he is 5 months) and she (if sheis 3 months) is able to get pregnant. When they start to mate it onlytakes like 10 to 20 seconds, so it would be hard to react fast enoughto stop them. I am just warning you now so that there aren't anyproblems in the future. If your girl gets pregnant there could be lotsof problems because she is so small.

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
If she and Freddy play there isa chance that she could get pregnant. Freddy is definitely able toreproduce now (since he is 5 months) and she (if she is 3 months) isable to get pregnant. When they start to mate it only takes like 10 to20 seconds, so it would be hard to react fast enough to stop them. I amjust warning you now so that there aren't any problems in the future.If your girl gets pregnant there could be lots of problems because sheis so small.

~Amy

YUP!! My buns (brother & sister) started mating atalmost three months. I was lucky enough to reactQUICK! (Whew!) I had them separated for the threemonths and they were spayed & neutered one month ago.So, I will tell ya, that they will mate. Just a little headsup. I was SO shocked when he mounted her!"HEY! WAIT! GET OFF YOUR SISTER!!" :shock:

Hugs!!

P.S. When do we get to see pictures? :p

I'm like you, I'm a sucker for the animals thatcan't seem to find a home. That's how I ended up withSage. He came into the store larger then the otherbuns. He probably would have found a home, but I took himhome almost immediately. Last fall, I went to a reptile showto get a mate for one of my femalebearded dragons, and endedcoming home with a 3 legged female. That other girl stilldoesn't have a mate. LOL I'm going in 2 weeks and Ireally have to commit myself to finding her someone. I'veonly gone twice since I brought Gidget home and then I rescued Orionand brought home 3 hairless rats.

Jen

lol luckily freddy was silly enough to only goafter her head.....I'm gonna try and get Freddy in a lil early....thevet said she doesn't do them until 6months but maybe if I explain thesituation she'll let him go in a few weeks early...I honestly dont planon letting them interact b/c neither of them are fixed, but i am goingto keep their cages close to each other so they can kinda get to knoweach other. I promise ill have pictures of her up by thursday:)

okay so my b/f was nice enough to snap some picswith his phone (so excuse if some of them are not the best quality) ande-mail them to me... here's lil Victoria!!

hehe i have Frederick of Frederick's of Hollywood and Victoria of Victoria's Secret :angel:

thats her poor ear :(

Image125.jpg

her poor ear again

Image127.jpg

Image126.jpg

Image128.jpg

Image132.jpg

Image139.jpg

Image140.jpg

Image141.jpg

Image143.jpg

she sooooo little!

Really, the neosporin is okay? I was afraid thatwhen she would clean her ears she would ingest some of it and get sick!...oh oh...and this is too cute....she's ticklish right at the top ofher leg..when you pet it, her leg freaks out..its too cute

She's adorable!!

And the neosporin is fine...Corky has that put on daily on hissore...doc just told me to do a real thin layer, that way if he doesingest some, its not enough to hurt him.

Latest posts

Back