Undersized netherland dwaft?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunba

Reaction score
we have a 2 month old netherland dwarf named peter and we noticed he is much smaller than his brothers at the pet store. Is there a reason? Are we doing something wrong or do they vary in sizes? Anything we should do to beef him up?

They have different sizes it all depends on what gene they get and pet shops often don’t have pure breed rabbits. They are often mutts.

For example my rabbit weight 1,1 lbs while his brother weight almost 3 lbs but both come from same mother but look nothing alike, so it all depends on the genetic they inherited from the parents.

They have different sizes it all depends on what gene they get and pet shops often don’t have pure breed rabbits. They are often mutts.

For example my rabbit weight 1,1 lbs while his brother weight almost 3 lbs but both come from same mother but look nothing alike, so it all depends on the genetic they inherited from the parents.
Thank you so much. We have been worried a lot since whenever we would go check on his brothers on the pet store they would always appear rather too big compared to his size. You have been a great help. Thank you very much. Have a good day!

If he is healthy and growing size doesnt matter. Check over really well...including teeth if you plan to buy. Sometimes there is a health reason gor smaller size.

He's probably just a runt. That what mine is (in my profile pic). Can't be more than a pound but perfectly healthy other than a slight respiratory issue. I didn't feed or do anything different with her than the other rabbits, just stayed with mom an extra week or so.

Back