Under My Skin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
Do you have anything that gets under your skin? Something that just drives you CRAZY???

I am in a MOOD! I have tons to get done and I'm procrastinating, but everything is ticking me off!

So I thought I'd share, and hope you do, too!

Right now...my husband...tapping his foot (shaking the whole room and my computer screen because it's all hardwood floors and the house is off the ground)...while he plays rock band....at high volume...

IS IRRITATING ME!!!!

(for no good reason)

It fustrates me when I go to open the door of the building at the bottom (going out) and people behind me push thier way infront of me... or don't hold the door behind me so i'm there straining my arm because thier inconsiderate.
My mom has a friend who has a 34 year old son with Downs Syndrome and I know its not his fault but he eats with his mouth WIDE open, like not the usual open mouth chew but siriously open wide, then chew. And he has glasses so he looks down with them.. and the food falls out. It's not his fault, mostly his moms' for not teaching him. =)

I hate when people chew loudly! It's disgusting! I can't help barking 'eat with your mouth closed!' when someone is doing it

There are a lot of little things like that that drive me crazy. Your husband doing that would drive me crazy too. lol I feel your pain.

Gosh Minda I could probably write a book on what irratates me,lol but here are a few

I hate when people let their kids act like animals and dont correct them.

I hate when people eat like they are having thier last meal, and are stuffing thier mouths, and have thier head real close to the plate like someone is going to take it away, i could just hurl when people eat like that.

Snoring, I CANT STAND WHEN MY HUBBY SNORES!!!!!!!! I am a light sleeper and could roll him out of bed when he snores.

When people make a moaning/humming sound, i dont know if this is going to make sense, but my father in law does this and i dont think he even knows he does it, it drives me INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to get up and leave the room.

gosh these are only a few i could go on and on

Ever since I was a tiny little kid, I've hated throat sounds. Throat clearing, coughing, burping, slurping, chewing loudly, going "ahhhhhhhhhh" really annoyingly after taking a drink of something, and worst of all, the sound of someone barfing. All these things make me want to smother the offender with a pillow. The assistant in one of my classes is a guy who I think has had some sort of throat cancer or something because he talks in a really high pitched, quiet, hard to hear voice and every 10 seconds or so makes this nasty snorfling phlegmy sound in the back of his throat. I think it's completely involuntary and I feel bad for the guy, but good god it drives me mad.

Edited to add spitting, loogie hocking and snoring (but to a slightly lesser degree).

OK, next rant...

Hubby offers to take my son to the school this morning. He has a field trip today, and he had to be at school by 6 am to get on the bus. Hubby doesn't leave until literally 10 minutes before 6. It takes 5-10 minutes to get to the school (granted, the traffic isn't bad at that time in the morning). It drives me CRAZY that he puts it off until the very last second! They wanted him there BY six...the way I work, that means get him there 10-15 minutes before six so they can check him in and everything before they load up the bus.

I know certain people function on one kind of time clock and others on another, but this is one thing that has always frustrated me. I would much rather be early and WAIT, than late and miss the whole thing.

argh!

(I'm sure he made it because there weren't any phone calls, but it certainly ruined MY chances of getting any extra sleep this morning!)

my mother in law when she tells my grls they look like hoochies(not the word she actually uses) when they dye their hair and wear make up... now they won't go see her with out a fight.

Elf Mommy wrote:
OK, next rant...

I know certain people function on one kind of time clock and others on another, but this is one thing that has always frustrated me. I would much rather be early and WAIT, than late and miss the whole thing.
my husband is exactly the same. i've even taken to adjusting the clocks to compensate for this. as we say, he'll be late for his own funeral. im complete opposite. i have to be early:biggrin2:

my own (currant) rant is so called helplines with automated menus that keep referring you to the website:nope::tantrum::banghead:crashdont they realise im only phoning because ive lost the will to live with their website.

please add your own expletives:nasty:

I'm just generally annoyed with myself because I can't revise or clean my room. I have coursework in for Monday which I need to finish and an essay for tomorrow yet here I am on the computer. Why can't I get my act together?

When you walk round the supermarket, down the street or round the mall, and people just SUDDENLY walk right in front of you and stop dead. What on earth is that about? WHY would someone do that?

I usually say 'Oh for God's sake! A little warning?' very loudly and storm off lol. I am mean when I'm out and about. Since my dizziness I really don't handle crowds well...

Another thing- in the car, or somewhere, listening to my favourite song. It's just getting to my favourite part, and then someone decides to talk all over it! Now I know that they don't know that it's my favourite part of the song, but oh my gosh, that REALLY annoys me! I'm one that just likes to sit and daydream sometimes and I don't like being disturbed!

mouse_chalk wrote:
When you walk round the supermarket, down the street or round the mall, and people just SUDDENLY walk right in front of you and stop dead. What on earth is that about? WHY would someone do that?

I usually say 'Oh for God's sake! A little warning?' very loudly and storm off lol. I am mean when I'm out and about. Since my dizziness I really don't handle crowds well...

Another thing- in the car, or somewhere, listening to my favourite song. It's just getting to my favourite part, and then someone decides to talk all over it! Now I know that they don't know that it's my favourite part of the song, but oh my gosh, that REALLY annoys me! I'm one that just likes to sit and daydream sometimes and I don't like being disturbed!

My Mum does the car thing. However, I go 'Ooooh I love this song' and turn it up a bit, then she starts talking over it! I usually just ignore her and then she goes 'Oh, fine, don't talk to me then' and I say 'actually, this song that I really really like, I'm just trying to listen to it'.

However when the same thing happens with the TV, as soon as I dare to speak she goes 'SSSSHHHHH! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M WATCHING THIS?????' and waves her arms about to make me go away.

mouse_chalk wrote:

I hate when people do that to me in the supermarket. I have been known to hit people with my cart when they jump in front of me like that. I do not apologize, either. If they hadn't jumped in, they wouldn't have gotten hit.

I hate that my husband cannot sit still. He sits on the couch and jiggles his feet or picks at his hands or shifts around constantly or makes weird noises with his mouth or taps at the table, or....... And the channel surfing! I am THIS CLOSE to taking the remote control away from him. He will constantly flip through channels, and it makes me CRAZY! Sometimes I will ignore it, and he'll land on something I want to watch, and a minute later he'll flip it again, or at the commercial he'll change the channel. Sometimes, when I'm using my netbook on the sofa, I will put in headphones and listen to music or something, so I can't hear the constant channel changing, and then he gets mad at me. (I have even seen him pick up the tv remote when we're watching a movie, hold it, then put it back down again.)

I swear, one of these days I am going to scream.

I hate when i am in a supermarket and i am looking at something on a shelf and someone walks right in front of me and stops so that now instead of the product i am looking at a part of thier body. I mean come on they see me looking at something why would you walk right in front of me and stand there?!?!?!?!

Also, the loud eating. I got yelled at as a kid for slurping my food, the sound was so irritating to my mom. I recall having food taken away because I wouldn't eat it properly.

Jason slurps. Soup, noodles, anything he can slurp. I want to throw things at him when he does that. He also gobbles his food, then after awhile, he is moaning about stomach pain. He told me that on at least one occasion, he threw up because he ate his food so fast. I hate his mother for not caring enough to teach him table manners. I think I have finally gotten him to stop licking his fingers in public. A quick little lick of the fingertip is fine, but he'd have half his hand in his mouth to get all the food or juice or whatever off. Gross.

People with no table manners! I have a friend who chews and speaks with her mouth open and its groooooose!!! Also people not teaching their kids any table manners, mums boyfriends kids who are 4 & 5 honestly sit there, when were OUT at dinner, Standing on their chairs, mouths open, talking, not using knives and forks etc! And Keith doesn't seem to think theres anything wrong with it! I know they're young, but when I was a kid you sat on your bum, mouth shut, knives and forks and wait till your finished your mouthful before you speak. And people not controlling their kids, they take them to peoples houses and just let them run riot, and break things, look through peoples things and yell, scream etc. And surprisingly enough it's with the same kids and Dad doesn't see anything wrong with it :shock:

Woah, that was quite long lol..

The people who work at Telus. They air full of air. I said my phone kept freezing, and then I said my phone wouldnt let me in a certain application on my phone. You know what he said 'What do you expect me to tell you, take it to the store' and he hung up. -.-

People who talk through movies also makes me mad, my mom and I watched 'My Daughters Secret' the other day and she kept asking ' Is it him ' " whos she" 'What just happend' ' what did he do' ' Is she going to die ? '
It DRIVED ME NUTS. because i miss what htier saying. Or if im watching a show and she talks ill rewind (we have the HD rogers box) and she gets upset, saying i cut her short

I also can't stand people who take there poorly-behaved children out in public. Especially to restaurants. I cannot enjoy a meal when there is a screaming/jumping child at the next table, or running around the place. I remember a time when people didn't go out if they couldn't find a babysitter, or unless their kids could behave. I recall getting a swat on the butt for misbehaving in public, now it seems like people don't even care if they're ruining someone else's night out.

Latest posts

Back