Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hope you and your bunnies are well and happy today!
I just want to ask if anyone have ever noticed anything like that:
My free-range bunny Mizu is fascinated by different textures and surface coatings and sometimes licks some parts of interior rigs and i don't see here any problem. But lately he started licking larger surfaces on the large smooth synthetic blanket to the extent that a remarkable puddle of saliva appears on it. First i could not understand the origin of the fluids on the blanket (it is in his room over the coach where he usually rests and where he has an entrance to his tunnel we he hides) but it appeared after his thorough licking of the spot. By analogy, puddles appear if i give him some chicory leaves as part of his normal diet. The amount of liquid that remains in the place where he eats them is just remarkable.
Can anyone comment on this phenomena? Why can he be doing it? Is it a symptom of something? Is he losing liquid this way and should be prompted to drink more?
Thank you for you time!

Hmmm, my rabbit licks surfaces as well but there has never been a puddle... wondering if you should take him in to a vet. It could be a problem with his teeth!

Latest posts

Back