Uncommon/Rare Rabbits -- Look how cute!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pamnock wrote:
ec wrote:
Re. English spots, I know they're not that little in general, but Elliot is small. I was surprised to see him next to his owner's other rabbits (the scale), and I asked her about his size. You can see them all on her Flickr photostream - she's got some great pics.

Elliot looks like a Mini Rex. Most certainly not an English Spot.

Pam

I agree, Elliot is a Mini Rex :)

I just wanted to remind folks that you can also find the magpie harlequin coloration in other breeds. I know - I have a magpie harlequin patterned lionhead!

Peg

TinysMom, Spice is a magpie harlequin and he's a mixed breed. Although he could be harlequin mixed, I don't know. Zoey, my Holland Lop, is a black japanese harlequin as well and I know she is a purebred.

i use to breed rhinelanders, i was lucky enough to have a breeder close by that had recently imported stock from germany so i got rabbits who had german parents.

i always loved breeding them because when they are born you don't see the orange, just the black and after a day or 2 the orange starts to show, so it is like a big guessing game as to if you had show quality babies or not!

some photos:

my herd buck at the time, Smash. . .he was a cool rabbit:

000_0765.jpg
smash.jpg

to show the baby thing, here is Katt's Juliet about 5 hours old:

juliet_b.jpg

and her as a jr. (i think around 4 months):

juliet_a.jpg

and here is her handsom brother Katt's Eclipse showing off his posing skills at about 8 weeks old:

ECLIPSE.jpg

thanks, i miss them. . .smash was one of my fav rabbits in the barn. . .i have a special needs cousin and smash was living in this hutch that had an outdoor 'wire' area and an indoor 'wooden' house. . .he would run in and out of the and my cousin would laught his butt off. . . smash had a way of connecting with people when they needed him. . . my whole herd of rhinelanders (4 adult females, 1 adult male and about 5 jr.s all went to a lady in ohio. . .she completely took my herd over which was cool. . .i was happy with that). it is amazing that some of these breeds are so rare, because most of them are the neatest breeds you can find. . .i would take the personality of a rhine over a holland lop anyday. . .

Thanks, all, for the correct i.d. on Elliot. I really didn't know his breed, just that he was small and that his coloring reminded me of an English Spot. Unlike many of you, I've not had much experience with seeing various breeds of rabbits in person.

At any rate, I think he's a cutie regardless of breed, size, whatever...! ;)

Latest posts

Back