Umm Building a hutch HELP!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol no worries about the toys. It was acutally brand new and the rabbits were just put in. :)

Like I said the does were to be sold back to the original breeder and in top condition. Hormonal does housed together with soon to come babies is not a fun time. But thank you for your input.

Congrats on your new hutch. Im sure you will make it look fabulous!

Good luck with the hutch building. I think I have nice hutches or at least practical, but am always trying to think of something better for the rabbits. My rabbits do not live in the house but in a garden shed which has 3 two by four foot hutches. The rabbits sleep there and when the weather is bad stay in. However I have two 8 x 10 outside runs where they can play. They are secure but I would never leave them unattended.

In the FB Rabbitat photos mentioned above I would like to know what you have for ground cover. I put down hay over the dirt but every time it rains I have to remove and replace the hay with new.

Finally I needed a cover over the pen to keep birds out, namely hawks and eagles. Tried many things and one day on a used item web site I found fish netting in the half inch squares. The fellow was selling it for 10 cents a square foot. It is excellent, very strong and works very well. It was a good buy.

Have you decided what breed of bunny you are getting and what size hutch are you getting? Attach a run to the hutch so your bunny will be able to go in and out when he/she pleases, but make sure it's secure, like stable wire and stable wire on top and wire put under the grass or the run put on concrete so your bunny can't dig out :)

I have an outdoor setup, it's these large NIC type cages covered with tarps and a large attached run. Mine come inside into xpens during July-August when it gets above 80F, but it rarely gets above that in the actual cages. I have my chickens free-roaming out there as well. The weather is very mild here, and outdoor living allowed me to build much bigger cages. I have 4 Mini Rexes and a Lionhead, and they all do fine outside. Carrots (my Lionhead) does dig, so I have to fully groom her everyday.

Latest posts

Back