Um, question about Peter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattiemattiesrattery

Reaction score
Picture002-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Ok the text goes under the pics?? Sorry the Pics are so big, I even down-sized them

Orginal text the above is an edit

Well I have a question about my girly Peter.
When she's in her pool or out and about she Thumps her Back feet REALLY hard on the ground, what is that supposed to mean?

Or when she goes getting across her Pool in circles *well Ovals like the pools shape* like she's in a NASCAR race?

Can someone please answer that for me. Much appreciated.

*I'll post pictures of her pool and her soon*

Plus is it normal for Rabbits to Bark and hiss at people?

She's doing "bunny 500's" around the pool and most likely thumping because she is happy :). Thumping can mean many things.

"Hissing and barking" means she is probably frustrated because of hormones and needs a spay :D.

I know! Come to Prescott and take her to my vet that charges $99 for a spay, come hang out with me, my bunnies, and my ratties......and bring some baby rats with you for me to *rat-napp*. Hehehehe.

:bunnydance:

Hehe
She only hisses and barks at anyone trying to pick her up that isn't me. They're all really friendly with her but she usually has no problem with me.

But she Thumps when in her cage and out of it, especially when we chase her ^_^ we play cages, and she lovesto play with our dog copper.

If I had a car to make it out there I would Amy hehe ^_^:biggrin2::cool:

Also she's Weird and doesn't eat carrots

Also, be aware that thumping more often than not is a bun being afraid of danger being around, and wanting to either let you know, or it's instinct in wanting to let other bunnies know. Sometimes it's understandable, the danger they feel, sometimes not. For instance, my Fiver thumps if we don't cover the blinking LED's on the modem, hehe!

But, yes, sometimes it's in play, though I have yet to see any of my five do so. Most of the time, they binky in happiness and goofiness. :D

For Her to be afraid or worried or what ever then she growls and hisses, she doesn't run from anything but charges.

The thumping is when she runs off from me, or my dog then she runs around things to get behind us and taps our feet or the tail and then thumps off again.

And yes there is a carrot in the pictures but she still wanted nothing to do with it. hehe

Hehe Thank you:cool::biggrin2:

My computer was being a pain is all, so it didn't want to work for me. I'll get this stupid thing cleaned out so I can get things working better.

I'll go check it out, thank you

YAY!! Figured out how to separate your pics so they don't stretch the page. Don't worry...we don't mind doing little stuff like that, if your computer just doesn't want to behave. :) We're just so happy to see pictures of your sweetie, we don't mind if there's a little tweaking on the behalf of a silly not-listening computer. :D

Rattiemattiesrattery wrote:
Hehe...you can just SEE the sneer of, "Mom...why the heck did you put carrots in with me?!" That's so cute...

Oh, and my responsibility as a mod HAS to ask...what kind of bedding is that?

maherwoman wrote:
Oh, and my responsibility as a mod HAS to ask...what kind of bedding is that?
It's Aspen, I know that Cedar and Pine are bad for all.
As My guy and I are unemployed at the moment. *Me for health issues, and him for a misunderstanding because of my mom's bf* We aren't using the bedding I like to.
I prefer Crittercare and Carefresh, mixed with Paper shredding and a lil bit of aspen.

She wasn't happy about that Carrot at all!
I got many evil looks even after putting it away and her. lol
She's just not a carrot eater, she like Corn cobs and Watermelon rinds *I eat them so why not her and my ratties? hehe (well for the Watermelon rinds)* but that's it really for Fruits and veggies. Some times a few other things, but she's not big on the fresh stuff. and likes her stuff from her food, and doesn't like to be switched at all.

And thank you about Fixing my Pictures for me. ^_^

Ok good...sorry if my asking made ya feel bad...it's my responsibility as a mod to ask such things, just in case. :)

I love that look on her face...hehe!!

Fair warning about corn: the hull is undigestable, and could cause intestinal blockage. It's the same reason why not to give corn cob bedding. :(

But, hey, we all learn somethin' new everyday, right?

Peter looks SO HAPPY and SO healthy...what a beautiful girl. That little white spot on her nose reminds me of my Velveteen (he's a mini-rex) :D:

100_1133.jpg

Hehe, I know, no worries ^_^

Well she doesn't get it very often, just rarely does she or my rats get Corn Cobs or things like that, but it's a nice treat. We humans don't really digest corn either, but we still eat it. ^_^

Aw that lil guy is so cute!!
I had a Blue Rex for a while but I think he was really old when I got him or sick becuase he died a week later, he was almost 3x Peter's size.

Oh and just so people can see here is Peter's Sister Saint *Her back Legs had been broken when she was bron because the momma jumped on her, and the people didn't get vet treatment for it. And by the time they discovered it her legs had healed up that way, the vet would of had to break her knees to fix them and her hips. So she was fine leaving it. No Pain as far we could tell and could move around the cage, eat and go to the bathroom fine and drink*

Saint and Peter the day I got them
SaintandPeter002.jpg

Here's Saint and Peter at three months old
SaintandPeter.jpg

And here's Saint about 2 weeks before she died
Saint.jpg

Amanda, you should try removing all the apsen from the cage and set some aspen up inside of a kitty litter box, for Peter. I bet she will quickly learn to use the litter box, and after her spay...she should get better with litter box habits. By just putting apsen in a little box, it will save you money on bedding.

You know, when I come down to *hopefully* get my ratties after Christmas (any pictures, colors, ear types, ect known yet?! :D!)....I can bring you a box of NIC panels from Target. It is what most of us bunny people use for our cages. I'll even bring the zip ties and door latches...and build it for ya! It will be a nice cage to have, if you use a litter box instead of bedding everywhere in the cage. I'll even get a tarp to use as the floor of the NIC cage, so if she pees, you can whipe it up without ruining your floor (if she's on carpet...any other floor should be fine, except cement, too).

Just let me know! I'd love to get you a NIC cage for her. We'll all help you here with litter box training :D!

What is a NIC cage?
Everyone keeps talking about them and stuff but what are they?:?

She never liked the litter box, even before I got her, The person that had her mom had the whole thing as a litter box and so Peter wasn't that used to them.
Peter only goes in the first area of her cage and she tears up litter boxes. I used to have a big one in her cage and used kitty litter and aspen bedding in it and Carfresh in the rest of the cage and she wanted nothing to do with it but Dump it upside down and sit on the top like "Ha ha! I got the better of you!"

^_^ Smart butted Bun hehe

Wow, your bun sure has some control over you:p! Mine at the moment too, the little stinker thinks it's okay to fling all the stuff that's in his litter pan at the time, out onto his cage floor:shock:. TURDBIRD, SNUFF:biggrin2:. I'll teach him yet to use his box properly, maybe he just a has a case of grief still...:?;)

If he continues this, I will have hubby cut an NIC panel to the length of his pan to put down so he can't dig it out:p. If I must, I'll also add a yarn screen underneath the panel, to prevent any litter or poos from getting out.:biggrin2:

Hehe,
Most my animals do. I'm a softy, but when they're in trouble just a small tone change or stern look, and they act beaten. heh

I try to keep them spoiled. but partly with good manners

Rattiemattiesrattery wrote:
Hehe,
Most my animals do. I'm a softy, but when they're in trouble just a small tone change or stern look, and they act beaten. heh

I try to keep them spoiled. but partly with good manners
Yep, I agree.:bow

Another good idea, for bunnies that like dumping things, get those binder clips, and clip the litterbox to the cage. Works PARTICULARLY well for NIC cages.

:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back