UK members

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaela

Reaction score
Whichdry fooddo you find thebest in the UK? I haven't got all that many varieties available locallyto me, I use Burgess Natural fibre mix, is this good quality stuff orshould I be feeding them something else?

burg_suparabbit_natural.jpg

If possible I would go for a pellet food insteadof a mix, I use supreme science selective which my buns absolutelylove!:DI even order it in especially from 'the hay experts'for them.:embarrassed:

'A high fibre (19%) fully extruded complete food, with the addedbenefits of prebiotics and natural herbs to keep your rabbit fit andhealthy'.

Science - Selective Rabbit is a mono-component, complete dietfor rabbits, designed to combat the specific problem of selectivefeeding.

• Science - Selective Rabbit incorporates a blend of premium qualityraw materials extruded into a highly nutritional and palatable biscuit.
  • Science - Selective Rabbit contains a high level of fibre (19%) topromote gut motility, healthy digestion and even dental wear.
  • Science - Selective Rabbit contains Bio-Moss, a prebiotic whichboosts immune function, aids digestion and improves caecal consistency.The prebiotic acts on harmful gut bacteria, allowing the beneficialbacteria to flourish. The average adult rabbit will need approximately50gms a day of Science - Selective Rabbit.
takenfromhttp://www.russelrabbit.com/product_moreinfo.php?id=62

Other good pellet foods are Supa rabbit excel (normal and light)andAllen and Page.:)

I think the local pet shop can get Excel in forme, I got it before, one problem though, they won't eat it!! I swear,you have never seen anything like it! Soooo fussy....:disgust:

Maybe I'll try again, and they'll get used to it...won't happen though,they already pick out the bits they like the best from the naturalfibre mix, they just leave the rest... all three of them!:rollseyes

Hmm...:huh

:lolPickybunsters!:disgust::winkI'm sure if they could order it inyour buns will get used to it, they always do in theend!;)Also check out your local vets, most will stock pelletfood as opposed to mixes so it might be worth giving them a try.:)

Pebble and Ebony probably will get used to it,butBerri won't! Ah well, maybe it will encourage her to eathay instead (which she doesn't now, she just plays with it and throwsit around the floor:pullhair:)

How did I end up with such a fuss pot? She's a bit like me I suppose:D

Latest posts

Back