UK Heatwave

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
I'm completely burnt! How are other people coping with the weather? (And the bunnies too)?

I've been working a lot more recently as its the holidays and I've been walking to and from my car, its SCORCHING! I have to get in my car in a mini dress and then get changed at work because I'm too warm all the time!

Barely coping!! I've actually been too warm to go outside yesterday and today. It's like stepping out into an oven! Way too hot for bunnies to play...

In our house is so hot too. We live in a fairly new home (1995) and it's so well insulated that it just keeps the heat in. I'm funny about sleeping without any covers and our duvet is a winter one so we went out today and got a light summer duvet....

I love the summer and I love the heat and all, but a nice cool breeze wouldn't go amiss! Aircon in our house would be a dream come true! Actually, a real dream come true would be a swimming pool in our garden... I'd never get out!

Yeah I'm OK with the heat (our house is Victorian and draughty, it does get a little stuffy but not too warm) but today I was sat out in the sun on this plastic chair. I was actually in direct sunlight and my bum was sliding off the chair I was so sweaty! (sorry if thats TMI!) I had to leave the match to go get water because all my bottles had gone warm! Its the hottest I've ever been in my life apparently they said London was the hottest in the South today, lucky me!

didnt get the promised thunderstorms or torrential rain here! it was so humid last night that it would have been nice to clear the air. the bunnies are the only ones coping with the heat - they come out into the garden early in the morning and last thing at night. during the day they are chilling out on the cold concrete floor of their bunnery. for the sake of their hocks they have a chillout zone with a thin covering.

for some reason we arent troubled by mosquitoes this year as we have been previously.:bunnydance: we are near a river which doesnt help.

hope the rain does hold off tho' it's my son's prom tonight:D

Yeah we haven't had any rain yet! Its cloudier today though. I have awful tan lines too, my thighs are burnt from sitting on the courts but my calves were hidden by the seats so I have half brown legs!

it's raining! not torrential with thunder and lightening tho' and it's still humid.

dont expose me legs to the sun anymore but i do have nice tanned feet.

took dogs for a swim to cool off leaving the bunnies sulking. havent told them they've got vaccinations tomoro'....luckily the appointment is at 9am so wont have to transport bunnies in baking hot car. thank you nice people at vets who are bunny lovers themselves:D

Hello we are in oxfordshire and is horribly hot still and kids and animals all laid flat out, is worst at night i think as you cant get proper rest. The kids are quite grumpy with it, but bunnies managed a run in the garden today and lay under the trampoline and despite the heat when i tried to put them away georgie still gave me the run about literally xx lol
guineas are permanently laid out bless them but also had a run this morn before it got too hot. xxx

I just started doing some sewing and by the time I got my table up and sewing machine plugged in I was all sweaty!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of sitting amongst these sweaty people on Henman Hill to :) I went to get water after the first set and then it was too hot so I gave up :p

5170_116549631064_707061064_2499666_8074051_n.jpg

It was really really exhausting in the heat all day but so worth it (I'm a tennis addict!)

I've just been sitting on the sofa watching the TV and I am boiling, sweaty... I'm gonna have to go lie on the kitchen floor or something.

pinksalamander wrote:
I just started doing some sewing and by the time I got my table up and sewing machine plugged in I was all sweaty!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of sitting amongst these sweaty people on Henman Hill to :) I went to get water after the first set and then it was too hot so I gave up :p

5170_116549631064_707061064_2499666_8074051_n.jpg
too hot to sew so i've been sorting out 'the stash'. also a friend gave me a small chest of drawers sort of like an old fashioned spice cupboard, and have been sorting threads to go into it. have to say id rather be doing that then sitting amongst the throng on henman hill.....

I also need to sort out my sewing stuff. My stash is rather small as I've used up most of it, but I keep all my sewing stuff in three baskets stacked on top of each other, and there are pattern pieces and threads and old buttons everywhere, even though they all have pots to live in! I need to go through organising it all and throwing away all the scraps (or just putting them elsewhere)

32*C all day, and then at about 3 we had a great big huge thunderstorm. Flooded carparks nearby, lightning, the works! You'd think it'd be cooler after that but nooooo, it went right back up to 29*C after :faint:

It's still really really warm here and it's getting on for 9! Big salad for dinner tonight I think :D

Uhhh, its not just hot over there!! Its near 90 here today and will be tomorrow as well. We have to clean bunny cages but we are waiting until 8:30ish once it cools down.
We do have a nice breeze but it is pretty warm of one.

I don't know what this would be in celsius....but our temps have been 98-101 for several days now.

Of course - here in Texas - we expect this type of heat and have air conditioning to make it more tolerable.

I hope y'all get done with your heat wave soon....

TEXAS is HOT! We were at 105F or 40.5C Just about right for this time of year. A couple of weeks ago we were at 120F or 48.8C.

Crazy hot. I usually refer to where I live as Hell's Oven during the summer. Winters are nice though. :devil

t.

myLoki wrote:
TEXAS is HOT! We were at 105F or 40.5C Just about right for this time of year. A couple of weeks ago we were at 120F or 48.8C.

Crazy hot. I usually refer to where I live as Hell's Oven during the summer. Winters are nice though. :devil

t.

So weird that we are experiencing a level 3 heatwave at the early - mid thirties here! But then the thing about heat in the UK is that it is soooo humid, not dry at all. Last night was 80% humidity I believe. It feels like living in a sauna. Plus nobody has aircon, and neither do most of the shops. I opened all our windows last night but the air outside was hotter than the air inside so it didn't work!

pinksalamander wrote:
I also need to sort out my sewing stuff. My stash is rather small as I've used up most of it, but I keep all my sewing stuff in three baskets stacked on top of each other, and there are pattern pieces and threads and old buttons everywhere, even though they all have pots to live in! I need to go through organising it all and throwing away all the scraps (or just putting them elsewhere)

im not alone:biggrin2:

jen - you can guarantee that if i peg out something that cant go in the tumble dryer then it will rain....i hope you're reading this all you makers of sports kit!

We didn't get that heatwave at all, right now it's windy, cloudy and was raining a few minutes ago, it is mild though.

Back