Uinary infection??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimson

Reaction score
I just bought a holland lop doe and took her to a show today. The judge in the second show said she had a urinary infection because her genitals were red. Is he talking about vent disease? He said she would need to be treated with antibiotics. Can I get the antibiotics some where or am I going to have to take her to a vet?

Some antibiotics, like penicillin, you can get online or at a feed store. Some, only a vet can prescribe. You probably need a vet to tell you which medshouldbeused because if you use the wrong thing it can do more harm than good.

Red genitals doesn't necessarily mean its a UTI.
She should be taken to a vet regardless as red or swollen genitals are not normal. And the vet should perscribe any necessary medication.

Even if it was a UTI there are numerous doses, causes, medications, what if theres crystals or sludge, you cant just go to the farm store and grab a drug and try using it. Best get the vet to perscribe something after diagnosing the rabbit.

Back