uh oh

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuddlexoverload

Reaction score
Holly was having so much fun hopping around.. shewould go by frankies cage and stand up and look at him hed jump at thecage like a lion! i took frankie out and held him down while hollysniffed him he got loose ran around basically jumped on top of hollyand then she hopped away. do some males turn aggressive after anotherbunny comes? is this natural behaviour? eek..

Any time you introduce a new animal into a homewith an animal that's been there for a while, they tend to getterritorial. It's natural behavior because they fear someone else isgoing to horn in on their territory. I'm sure if you search the forumfor bonding rabbits or something a thread or two (or more) will showup. Some animals (in this case rabbits) will never get along and youhave to deal with it accordingly. It just depends upon theirpersonalities. :)

Just search the forum and I'm sure you'll find something. This place isa huuuge bank of knowledge with wonderfully informed people (of which Iam not, sadly) who are willing to help ;) Good luck with your buns!

We let Bobby run around Tillys cage for ages whenwe first got her. Once a night we'd let him run around. he was gruntinga lot and jumping on top of the cage and off again but he eventuallycalmed down.

He had been neutered, has your boy?

After a while we let her out the cage when he was free and they bondedreally well and she just follows hima round and lets him sit on herhead.

yuup, i neutered the kid, hehe, it was mybirthday present from my mom, haha, how cool right?I dontthink im going to spay holly though... unless of course i should forhealth reasons? Id rather not though.

It's actually very important to spay females,some say more so than the males. The chances of her developing cancerincreases greatly by not spaying her. Spayed females live years andyears longer than unspayed.

You may not have any luck bonding them without her being spayed.

when should i do it? im guessing shes like 6-8weeks? i could be wrong... im guessing earlier the better but my mom isalready very mad at me for getting her.. so like, vet bills.. argg..and plus i have to save up like 50 for the vet bill when i take her infor just a check up. id rather not borrow any money from my mom. lastnight my dad said i was like, ashleys ark. hahah.

A safe age for a spay is between four and six months old. I think we did Abby around five, or somewhere around then.

And I hear ya loud and clear on how the vet bills can add up. I have three rabbits and two cats.

Stephanie wrote:
Asafe age for a spay is between four and six months old. I think we didAbby around five, or somewhere around then.

And I hear ya loud and clear on how the vet bills can add up. I have three rabbits and two cats.
lol, i havw 4 cats, 3 rabbits and 3 babies, 2 gerbils and guinea pigslol! they really do add up especially as we need all the rabbits 'done'soon!

Leanne:)

I have 3 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits 2 parakeets and apuppy. haha, yeah, i was saving money up for months (im only 14) and 2days ago and i went and got 175 out..

it was gone very quickly from a 130 dollar vet bill for my dog and oneof my parakeets. and then i paid my dog for dog food. ahh.

We were advised of the cancer risk for unspayedfemales, but also, if you don't get the little girl done, she'll startgetting mad that she's not getting knocked up by her fella.
As she gets older she'll grow resentful and attack him. I'm sure this is dependant on the rabbit.

Anyone else heard of this?
BTW We've just cut Tillys nails and she took it rather well. That saves a vet bill :dude:

cuddlexoverload wrote:
yuup, i neutered the kid, hehe, it was my birthday presentfrom my mom, haha, how cool right?I dont think im going tospay holly though... unless of course i should for health reasons? Idrather not though.

there is about an 80% less chance of her getting cancer of the uterusif you have her spayed, Having said that my female has yet tobe spayed but will look to do that soon as she may hit the teens soon.

We brought our female in to our male rabbits home and she is thedominatrix now. She broke out of her quarantine whilst wewere trying to bond the two of them and they had a huge scrap whilst wewere away one weekend. we came back to fur all over the carpet but theyseem to get along okay now. Bonding can take time but its notimpossible.

Jack used to mount hetti alot and then hetti got revenge so be preparedto see your female give him what for it can be destressing for bothrabbits and owner but definately well worth it. good luck xx

** " We were advised of the cancer risk forunspayed females, but also, if you don't get the little girl done,she'll start getting mad that she's not getting knocked up by her fella.
As she gets older she'll grow resentful and attack him. I'm sure this is dependant on the rabbit.
Anyone else heard of this? "" **

thats a new one on me , the getaggressive because of territorynot because she wants to getpregnant :shock:

Latest posts

Back