UH OH! No poop...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
So this morning I go to see the bunnies and whileI am checking on Ben I happen to notice that there are no poops in hiscage or litterbox. I just cleaned his litter and cage yesterday. Hedrank last night because there is water gone from his bottle, he alsoate all his pellets and greens. This morning he started right in on hispellets when I filled up his dish. I don't know what to think. Ithought that rabbits that didn't poop didn't eat or drink so I am notsure what is going on with him. I am going to let him roam the houseand see if he leaves any droppings around like he usually does. I don'tthink he is molting because he's still a baby (only 3 1/2 months) andhe dosen't seem to be loosing any of his hair. If any one has any ideasabout what may be going on please let me know. If I need to get a holdof the vet today I would rather do it sooner than later, they are kindof a pain in the butt to get ahold of up here in Duluth.

Well, he came out of his cage after eating some pellets. I think thats a good sign if they are active right??

Fergi's mom

Hi Fergi,

When Tucker had a blockage, his appetite slowed down at first, then it stopped.

Eating his pellets and drinking is definitely a good thing. Gettingsome exercise will help him as well. If you feel the need to dosomething, you can offer him some canned pumpkin and see if he'll eatit. If he doesn't and you don't see stools in a few hours, I'd syringethe canned pumpkin. You could do that now if you're very worried. Itwon't hurt him either way. Offer him as much hay as he'll eat.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Ok sorry, false alarm I think. It seems as thoughout and about he is just eating his own fece's. Hiding the evidence tomake me worried. I read the thread about bunny poop and it seems asthough other buns do it too. I know the difference between hiscecotropes and regular feces, and he is eating the regular as well. Ijust switched them to Purina rabbit chow, maybe this is too rich forhim??

Thank goodness it was a false alarm, sorry to worry anyone!!

Fergi's mom

No need to be sorry. :)

Glad to hear our little monster is dropping those Golden Nuggets.

See how it goes with Purina. You'll know if it's agreeing with him or not. Trust your instincts.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back