Ugh... Circuit city

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crisi1987

Reaction score
sorry about this, but i just cant get over it and maybe typing it out will help...

I just got a brand new laptop last november from circuit city, and withit i bought the full 4 year warranty with accidental protection, whichmeans if ANYTHING happens to it, theyll fix it or replace it. okay wellin may, around the end of it i spilled a little bit of soda on mylaptop, it went into the keys. i didnt even know i had done that untili came back into the room, i guess i hit it and didnt pay attention ifi actually knocked it over. well after that happened my computer turnedoff, which i was afraid would happen because i thought the soda wentinto the computer and fried everything.

well i called circuit city and they said the only thing they could dois send me a box and send it to "micromedics" which is a place theysend their things to for repair. i did that on i think the 26th of may.so i sent it in and got a number where i could go onto the website andcheck on it. the people there and at circuit city told me it would onlytake, at the most 2 weeks. well it ended up taking until the 25th ofjuly. and when i got it back i saw on the sheet that all they did wastake out the keyboard, dry it, and put it back in.

the day i got it back i was so excited, so i turned it on. everythingwas going fine until about 15 minutes later when i tried turning on myinternet and noticed they broke off the wifi switch for internet.. ugh.so i couldnt turn the internet on. then i tried typing and the keyboardstopped working. then the mouspad stopped. then the screen went crazywith all these different colors and froze, and made this horrible loudsound. i was so angry about it.

so i went to circuit city right away and they told me there was nothingthey could do.. i mean, what the heck, i have full warranty and theyspecifically told me they would REPLACE it if it still wasnt repaired.after talking forever with the manager they just told me theyd send itback in to get it repaired.. again. this time they told me it wouldtake about 20 days. and that they would send it out the next day andset it as top priority. they also said they would call as soon as theygot it in. so i waited for a month, went to circuit city and asked themwhat was going on with it, they told me they didnt send it til the 1stof august and that it still wasnt fixed.

okay so just 4 days ago i went to circuit city and got it back.. butwith no battery or ac adapter cord. i asked them why they didnt give itback and they said i never gave it to them. i was really angry by then.so was my grandfather cause ive been using his computer for the past 4months. okay so... i explained to them that i remember bringing thosethings in, so does my boyfriend who was with me. i know for a fact idid because.. why would i be bringing in a laptop to get fixed withoutthose things in the first place? how could they fix it without beingable to turn it on lol.

i told them, i brought the battery in because i left my laptop on toshow your manager what the screen looked like so i wouldnt have to gothrough explaining it. and well you really cant have a laptop onwithout the battery when your walking around a store. then i told themi brought the cord because i needed it to charge in my boyfriends carcause my laptop was dead when i got it back and i brought it with everyother time why wouldnt i this time.

after argueing forever they told me theyd call micromedics and tell mewhat they say, on the next day. they never called. ive been going backand forth with them through emails too, explaining this and tellingthem i cant go to school without a laptop and that they need to takeresponsibility for "misplacing" my battery and cord. they are no helpwhat-so-ever. they just keep replying and telling me someone willcontact me.

so i finally told them id contact the better business bureau and theycan deal with them. well i already contacted the BBB, they haventreplied to me yet, micromedics havent replied to me yet, and circuitcity is being a pain. this makes me so frustrated and angry. iliterally cant go back to school without my laptop, it had my programson it for interior designing, and thats what i need for the course imtaking right now. ive tried explaining this over and over witheveryone, but no one is willing to help. even though it is their job. ijust dont know what to do anymore.

have and of you been through anything like this? has anyone ever dealt with the better business bureau?

In instances like these I use my lawyer, my grandpa. He scares the fudge out of people with his legal talk.

This is typical of the extra warrenties theysell. They are through third parties and very bad to dealwith. I never buy any extra warranties on anything.I even walked out of a place where they kept insisting I needed anextended warranty.

Ed

Unfortunately I did go through the BetterBusiness Bureau once, many years ago, here in Canada. And the results Igot with them were no better than what you are now dealing with...callsunanswered, indifference with regard to the problem, and themeventually telling me that there was nothing they could do for me, asthey said the owner of the company told them I'd lied :)X), and theytended to believe him. (It involved a case where a magazine company wassupposed to cancel a rather expensive subscription for me - an offerfor an 'incredible deal' of multiple magazines delivered monthly - andwhile I did cancel within the alloted 10 days, the company completelyignored my cancellation and kept billing me, even though the deliveriesstopped. I wound up paying for months of issues that I never wanted,and never received. The owner of the company had even lied to myhusband, telliing him that he had never spoken to me before, eventhough I had called and had a very lengthy and heated conversation withhim half an hour before my husband got home and subsequently phoned theguy to find out why my request for the cancellation had been ignored.)

I've never dealt with Circuit City before, but they certainly don'tsound very reputable. I don't really have any suggestions for you foryour situation, but if I can think of anything I'll let you know. Ihope this does work out for you in the end...:(

I was just having problems with them last month. ugh

I bought a laptop from them in February..it came with a free printer. Ihad to pay for the printer up front, but was given a rebate for thefull amount. Long story short, they sold me a used printer. Someone hadbought this printer (or got it free with their purchase), made a copyof the UPC code, and turned in the rebate to Epson. Epson blamed CC forselling me a used printer, CC blamed Epson for not requiring theoriginal UPC. It was a mess..and they wouldnt just let me return itbecause so much time had passed before Epson actually informed me thatthey had already sent out a rebate on that serial #.

CC gave me the run around every time I went into the store. Then theygave me some escallation # where some Indian woman couldnt understand aword I was saying. I finally got it taken care of by calling theircorporate #. They have a 100 percentsatisfaction guarenteewith your purchase. I dont have the # offhand, but I know its listed atthe customer service desk.

I would try contacting them. That is so crappy what they're doing. Ididnt buy the warranty on mine, because I never have good experienceswith them. I hope you can get this worked out.

Argh!!! How frustrating!!Have you thought about getting the number to their main corporatebranch and calling up and ranting and raving until someone actuallyhelps you? I mean, I would go so far as to start yelling thatthey should reimburse you for the time you've lost from school(calculate out how much your class costs you per day and have thatfigure handy to let them know how much money they're wasting you, notto mention your grades, etc. etc.).

I used to work in customer service, and can tell you from my ownexperience that only those that call whoopin' and hollerin' will getactual help. Otherwise you most likely get a scripted answerthey give everyone. They get so many calls a day, you'vereally got to get their attention, and try to call one of theiractually corporate offices. I think that'll get youresults. :)

Let me know whatcha think! :)

Okay, did a little research for you. Ichecked out their website, including checking what information theyhave for investor relations, and they have the following address fortheir "headquarters", which would probably be your best bet.So, I took that info, went over to the MSN yellow pages, and got you aphone number! :)

Try this number on for size, rant and rave like I mentioned, and I'd be REALLY surprised if you didn't get some results!

804-747-6434[font="geneva,arial,helvetica"][size="-1"]

Let me know how it goes, okay? :)
[/size][/font]

Back