Two questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idreaminglasscolor

Reaction score
Alright, I'm getting my bun neutered very soon (as he honks and humps a bunny stuffed animal) o.o , what did you guys pay for neutering? Also we're thinking about rescuing a bunny for him to have friend. Can anyone explain the difference between owning one and two bunnies? Is it much harder? @.@ (sooo uncomfortable)

Neuters here range from 80-300$ for exactly the same thing. (I cant vouch for my price as it was free/staff) IMHO you shouldnt have to pay more then 100$ to get a male neutered unless youre getting it done with the laser.

100% easier to look after 1 bunny then 2. having 2 is like cleaning up the mess of 5. I nearly keeled over when I saw the mess my 2 little brats made after i brought them home. Plus i found Tiki (my old single bunny) to be much calmer and social towards me then my current turds.

I paid $250 for my rabbit's neuter which is on the high end. It really depends on where you are located, as different areas seem to charge very different prices.

Having 2 bunnies can be different in both good and bad ways. As for financially or in matter of what kind of a mess they make, two bunnies will not make much more of a difference than one. But at the beginning, they will each need their own living spaces and this can last for up to a few months while they are learning to like each other.

The easiest combo is neutered male and spayed female.

Around here I think a neuter is around $200. I don't remember was I paid for Korr, but that was over 5 years ago now. I do have 2 intact bucks that will need to be done soon enough, so will have to find out the cost.

2 separate rabbits are really twice the work and expense. You have 2 cages, litter boxes, food and water dishes as well as having to deal with separate run times and play times. Since you have 2 cages and litter boxes, that is twice the litter/bedding. Hay and pellets are also twice as much, but this can vary depending on the rabbits. Vet bill are also for 2 rabbits, but some vets may give a small discount if you bring in 2 at once.

2 bonded rabbits aren't as much as 1. You should have a bigger cage, so that can be a bit more work as well as more bedding to cover it. As far as litter, it is less than 2 separate ones, but a bit more than a single. Food is about twice a much since they do eat the same as they would if each was single. You only have to do one run time.

A bonded pair is not that much more work than a single rabbit, but does cost more. 2 single rabbits are more work and more cost.

Latest posts

Back