Two males had a fight through the cage.. can i still bond after neutering?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
Ive three unneutered males, who i was going to bond together after they get neutered..

Anyhow my newest guy was out on floortime and he hopped over to one of the other rabbits cage.. They had a fight through the cage..

They dont give up do they? I actually had to push the new rabbit away, marley who was in the cage pulled dexters fur and put his paw bleeding, (its not too bad though its sore as hes holding the paw up now)

Ok is this the end of bonding these two now after there neutered? once they become enemys do they remain enemys?

Some bunnies do hold a grudge and will not like that rabbit ever. Others are more forgiving and could bond in the future, but these ones can still have limits.

I would try to keep them apart until they are neutered. This may mean putting a barrier around the cages or having them in a pen when they are out of the cage. Once they are neutered, take bonding slowly and wait until the hormones have a chance to leave the body.

They might never get along, but they could if you give them enough time and positive interactions.

Hard to say. Some can never be bonded and others it's no big deal. We had two intact males that came to us bonded. They both got the cut as one would spray, but no other problems.

Latest posts

Back