Two-fer Tuesday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberNBuns

Reaction score
Heyyo.

I have some exciting news to share. We are buying a house!

A co-worker of Nick's approached him asking if he wanted to buy their house. (We had been looking.) They are motivated to sell because they are running from their ex's, so we are gaining some instant equity - enough to cover the rest of our debts... yeah!

Well, it's been stressful because we suddenly had a 30 day delinquency appear on his credit report last month from CitiBank. I had been paying automatically and did not realize that a payment posted one day late, so the minimum due was higher than I thought... yadda yadda...

Long story short, it was looking like we were not going to qualify because of this one error. We had been fighting with them for 2 weeks now about it, and we got a telephone call this afternoon saying that a fax was on its way to us that would show that they are correcting our credit report.

I am SO RELEIVED!

We are closing on the 27th if we can get the paperwork and appraisals taken care of this week.

I have been sharing my joy with all my friends, and then I thought about you guys.

So, what is everyone else up to today?

I figured we'd just combine the two days since we all missed yesterday's.

Congrats on the house Amber!

I hope your headache is better Stepanie!

Sorry to hear about your headache Steph.

It's actually South King County - in Covington. We are going to stay where we are living because we are getting a killer deal, and will rent this place out. The rents are pretty high lately so we should have no problem getting the mortgage covered.

So today I am waiting to hear when the appraisals are going to get done and stuff, trying to keep Ariel on track with her schoolwork, and getting the Christmas decorations finished up.

How are your guys' holiday plans coming together? Everyone done with shopping? I am making cards this year, and I have 2 made so far... haha.

Congrats AmberNbuns.
On your house and credit ratings. :D

Not sure what days I will get off for the holidays. Usually I get Christmas day off, but...

The boss was joking about the bonus pay that I will be getting. He was wondering if I would buy another camera with it. :upsidedown:
I just bought my new camera withthis years vacation pay. My wife wouldn't be too trilled if I went for a new one. :p

Congrats on the house!

I've had a busy few weeks -- studying like nuts for finals. Tomorrow is my last final (YAY) and then I have to start organizing and packing to move. I am counting down the days. I really do not want to leave Reese (or the others but its her that I worry about most) but my parents seriously need to learn to let go. I'm starting to feel suffocated by their need to involve themselves in every aspect of my life (they don't seem to think that I am able to make choices and deal with things without their input which drives me a little nuts). So this move will be a great escape for me and a lesson for them to realise that I am an adult and am capable of living on my own.

Part of the problem stems from the factthat my older sister has never lived more than 3 blocks away (and is constantly over here) and my older brother still lives at home, so I'm the first to take leap and move 4 hours away, lol. But my mom has made the comment that if I need more stuff, she can bring it up the next weekend when she comes to visit. I wouldn't even have been gone a full week so I have drawn the line and said they will not be coming up, I will go visit them if I feel the need. Then she went on about how I wont be driving backif the roads are bad and they may need to drive food and things up to me. Apparently she neglected the fact that there is a store there and I know how to use my credit card. They had planned to drive up with my on the 30th but now I am questioning it, everything I have to take will fit in my car and its as simple as following the highway until I hit the town so I might just pack my car and leave on my own so they wont be tempted to come visit because they wont know where I live.:whistling

Ok sorry for the rant, myparents just drive me a little nuts some times!:pullhair:I knew I should have gone for the job 20 hours north that was only accessable by plane... :headsmack:big wink:

12 days and counting.

I would love to buy a real nice camera sometime soon. I am not a photographer though so I wonder if a nice piece of equipment would be wasted on the likes of me... Right now I have a HP photosmart I bought on clearance for around $30. haha.

MBB - I understand what you are talking about. Thankfully my parents were not overbearing (they were a bit underbearing in fact) but I have had friends in your situation. They found success with accepting help when it was offered at first, then weaning their parents, so to speak.

One friend was pretty masterful at keeping her parents at bay. She would call every once in a while and ask for something simple, just to appease the worry warts. When she called her mom and asked for advice on getting a stain out, or asked her dad why the car made a whining noise when she turned the wheel (oh power steering fluid - thanks Dad) it helped them realize that there were only small problems, never any big ones.

Whenever she would say goodbye to them, she would tell them she would call on a certain day to check in. She'd make an excuse about how she had a lot of things to do until then, but whe always called when she said she would.

When she would check in, she would be prepared with a question if they were eager to help her. (Oh, yeah. Thanks for reminding me - I was going to ask for that recipe mom. Great. You are a life saver.)

She lether parents believe that she gradually figured out how to get along on her own, and pretty much patronized her parents' need to protect her. It kept any feelings from getting hurt by the "I don't need you" message.

Shedid draw some lines though. Specifically, no popping in unannounced. Eventually, things mellowed out.

Don't worry. haha I was going to say you will get through this. I should say that they will get through this. :p

I quite often ask for help with things so it's not that they want to help, it's when they seem to forget that I can do things on my own and kind of take over the situation. I like their help, but only if I ask for it. I got a letter from the bank the other day and my dad hovered over my shoulder and wanted to know what it said before I even had a chance to open it and read it myself. He got all mad when I told him to back off. I got a letter reminding me to do something one day and my dad went through all the steps of what I had to do when I had done it a million times before and really that is what I find more annoying than anything, that they don't let me ask for help before they try to force it on me.

I'm thinking cold turkey might be the way to go... I only have 4 months to wean them of their habits, LOL. The problem is, I can't because they will be watching my babies while I'm away and need to know how they are doing. (I'm considering sneaking Reese in though.) That's one thing I find the hardest about being the youngest and being a girl-- they hold on as long as they possibly can which means they aren't willing to accept that I am an adult just yet.

I see what you are saying. Yeah, it sounds like you know what needs to be done. It must be heartbreaking having to be away from your buns. I bet sneaking a rabbit in would not be like a cat. Rabbits are so quiet, you can't smell them if you clean up after them, and they don't need to go outside.

Since Spice passed, Reese and I have gotten very close. She just adores me and I adore her. My others will be fine when I leave but I am a little worried Reese may sulk.

I will not be taking her when I go up on the 30th but when I get there and I think it's managable to sneak her in, I may do it. She doesn't eat carpet/walls, she uses her litterbox to pee, and poops are easy to clean up. She would be the ideal rabbit to sneak in really. I just have to consider her medical needs and if it's feasable to get to and from the vet for regular teeth trims. Really that means if I can find a vet that will trim them on Saturdays.

Latest posts

Back