two bucks together ok or no?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyang

Reaction score
i have been thinking about getting my male rabbit a friend. should i get a spayed doe or another buck? i don't know if i really want to get him a friend cuz he seems fine on his own, but sometimes i wonder if he's lonely or could benefit from another bunny buddy. any thoughts?

Is he neutered? An intact male might not get along with a spayed female as he may just want to hump her and be a male rabbit. 2 males rarely get along, even when both are neutered. If he is not neutered, it would be best to get it done and wait 4-6 weeks for the hormones to calm down before you try to fine a friend for him.

I would try for a spayed female. He might get along with a neutered male, but it would depend on the individual rabbits.

If you have a rabbit rescue (or a shelter that has rabbits), you probably could arrange some bunny dates. You wold take Milo and he would get to meet some other rabbits. You can see if he likes other buns and if there is one that he really likes and you could adopt.

If (a pretty big IF :D) it were going to work, both bucks would have to be neutered, and very laid back.

As Kate said, a spayed doe would be best.

Hi there tyang!

Yes, I agree with getting a spayed doe for Milo to be friends with. Much easier to bond them.

I have a male rabbit and a female rabbit, and they like each other.

BTW: Milo is adorable!

Just a suggestion: if he isn't neutered already, you might want to get him neutered so that he doesn't spray all over the place, and he will be a lot calmer!

I would try neutering first, then toys! Two males are more difficult than male/female to bond. Two females being the most difficult to bond.

I have a single male who is so happy, he's just wonderful too! He has about 6 toys and a big two level cage.;)

thanks for the advice guys :) no, he's not yet fixed. when i should expect him to spray around the house? he's going to be 8 months this month. he's pretty mellow and laid back. i think when i do get him fixed and find him a friend, i think the bunny dates will be a great idea!

they also have Hoppy hour at the local humane society that i want to take him to when he's fixed. it's just an hour every other saturday where people bring in their rabbits for play time so then that way he can meet and play w/ other bunnies.

sweetie, is that you from lovebird plus forum? hi!

To be honest you are lucky that he has not already started spraying!!! Best to get him neutered as soon as possible. Even though he is laid back now, when you bring another bun into his territory, he will get very upset. Bunny dates are the best way for rabbits to pick their friends. Let him decide who he likes.

mandyjeank wrote:
To be honest you are lucky that he has not already started spraying!!! Best to get him neutered as soon as possible. Even though he is laid back now, when you bring another bun into his territory, he will get very
HaHa, you are, or he is and you don't know it, lol:p. But, yeah, best to get it done when you can. That would be the worst of it until you could, and sounds good so far.:D

I have never had trouble with spraying males, inside, until Draco. Nasty boy!

I would say get a spayed female. My Burke has never much been interested in Ladies. After Becca got spayed she broke her bond with Mousse *sigh* and after many atemps with other does I tried Burke and they hit it off. It has been five months now, I think, and all is fine. They are made for each other.

I read what people say about bonding males and makes me giggle. You should all come meet my bonded trio of males.

^^^ Rabbit whisperer... if only we had you to come round and bond all of the cranky boy buns. You've got a bonding talent, that's for sure Ali :D

NorthernAutumn wrote:
^^^ Rabbit whisperer... if only we had you to come round and bond all of the cranky boy buns. You've got a bonding talent, that's for sure Ali :D
I think bonding is honestly luck of the draw. Each time is different.

JadeIcing wrote:
I read what people say about bonding males and makes me giggle. You should all come meet my bonded trio of males.
Just goin by the book here, lol. We should, an RO Meeting of sorts:p. Take vid, post it for JadeIcing:biggrin2:.

My two boys get along but they are onlya little over 2months old. They have been together since they were 5 weeks old but will have to watch and see what happens when the hormones kick in. Maybe if I get them neutered at the same time they wont have a fall out.

When I had Flash he loved Sophie boy but Soph didn't like Flash at all. Now with Bentley, Soph hasn't changed his mind with another bunny boy he doesn't like him either.

Latest posts

Back