Twitch Pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twitch

Reaction score
The camera came out of hiding... these are the result:

twitch1.jpg

twitch2.jpg

twitch3.jpg

twitch4.jpg

twitch5.jpg

twitch6.jpg

twitch7.jpg

Breed unknown, weighs a guesstimated 3lbs, note the barely-there brownpatches (seal coloring?), and the random white hairs(stress? hha, can'tsee them in pictures, but there are probably 20+ on his back). The rootof the hair is grey, as are the feet pads. Ears are omni-directional...camera provokes a pretty consistent mood though, so the helicopterstyle is being sported the most :)

Any thoughts and comments welcome.

Twitch was named by the shelter that we adoptedhim from, he's about 8 months old. We chose not to change his name, andyes... his nose does a fair amount of twitching.

I wish he didn't get so grumpy around the camera, his ears will go fullup like a "standard" bunny, and also into full lop... very commonly oneup and one down. For instance he has his right up and left downlistening to me type this.

Gotta Love them Helicopter Ears!

man_rc_helicopter_circling_hg_clr.gif

Twitch is absolutely adorable! You did a great job with the photos,too. Black buns are hard to take pictures of and get the luster of thefur like you did!

Oooh, helicopter ears! :inlove: He can go from full uppy to full loppy? I need this rabbit!

From here, the brown patches look like discoloration. Loki(black dutch) had that on his butt when I adopted him. Itwent away when he molted. It can be caused by urine (mostlikely Loki's cause) or too much sunlight, among otherthings.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Elf Mommy -

What you are seeing are the "mesh" style cubes that are sold sometimes(Target has them commonly). The idea was that they would provide easierfooting even with out the mat (foot being able to fall through normalsized cubes), however, I CAN NOT recommend using them for the flooringas I did since Twitch, when spooked or excited, gets his toenailscaught and torn/ripped in the close mesh. He recently did so thatremoved nearly the whole nail and was quite a mess. I plan to rebuildthe cage in the future with the "normal" cubes for flooring and usedouble thick mats or some other material.

The mesh does however help keep pellets, droppings, and other debrisinside the confines of the cage... so I would recommend them for thatuse. There was a thread somewhere on here that talked about them.

The mats, incidently are bamboo and came from the dollar store, work wonders for flooring being just about the perfect size.

-Beau

Twitch wrote:
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Elf Mommy -

The mesh does however help keep pellets, droppings, and other debrisinside the confines of the cage... so I would recommend them for thatuse. There was a thread somewhere on here that talked about them.

-Beau
Ooooo wonderful! I will have to pick some up for that! My son will be thrilled. LOL

Back