TwistedSerpent's musings Du jour, and sundry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah that skunk is a lucky find ! it's a shame you couldn't keep the rest, but separating bones from leathered skin is such a chore. did you get to save any other parts, such as the claws ? let me know how the bleaching goes- out there where you are you could even leave it in the sun (tie it down so critters don't run off with it) and it'll do the job for you haha.

have you considered ordering little carrion beetles ? my cousin and i ordered a huge amount if them in bulk and kept them in his garage, they work slowly but if you find something with meat still on it they'll take care of all the mess without having to boil the carcass and de-flesh it yourself. they were pretty cheap too, if i remember. i prefer to roll my sleeves up and get elbow deep in entrails myself though...guess it comes part and parcel with being an anatomy and dissection major haha.

it's cicada season here and the little guys are dieing left and right, it's almost as if the sky is raining a gift of bugs down to me haha. i've started wandering around with a tupperware in my bag to collect them for later.

Latest posts

Back