Twilight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:embarrassed: i am a fan..im sorry but it made me relive the rush of teenage love like it was and should be..just breathatking.
and yes i guess i was a badboy magnet....and a fool too..my divorce and subsequent disaster tells me that!
I did gibe it a thought i must ADMIT...and i agree..its a terrible thing to have as a role model...BUT then again its good to read and see and think..yeah thats her..but not me.

as for edward..hes a control freak...jabobs more sincere..but i have my edward in my head....

i think its because i was a huge buffy and angel fan..it gave me a little angst ridden vamp fix.

but im going to borrow my daughters moonlight boxset i got her for christmas....to see how grown up vampres behave lol.

i used to like the tv series..forever night ..nick knight vamp detective..
ive done all this to remove my childhood terrors of vampires....im in my forties now..think ive cracked it! with these books as well.

Its reflective of what the majority of young lovestruck girls who arent truly happy at home do..they give up their friends family..pets...hobbies..likes and dislikes just to be with this one person who is the centre of her universe. They become selfish self centred and deep dpwn know the person and his family arent as great as she thoguht but she doesnt want to look stupid and doesnt more importanlty want to be alone.
my eldest daughter will tell you shes not at all like that as i lectured her and her sister form a very early age and they both had the same rules etc but her younger sister did a "bella" and its caused a lot of heartache and grief..just like i caused my parents when i eloped....all those years ago.

So say what you want..whether you like it..love it or hate it..which is all right..i hate breaking dawn...i hate bella being so dependant on edward and such..but at the same time i love the story.....its on a level of a lot of teenage girls in love...or rather think theyre in love and cant be apart from him.

Saudade wrote:
Not to say anything about the fans, they are violent and obsessive, so far there have been multiple murders of people just because they said they didn't like twilight. Bullying in schools has risen, girls and even guys who don't like twilight and denounce it for what it really is face persecution by twilight fans.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

mardigraskisses wrote:
I can see why so many people like it. I've read all three, but to be honest, I'm more about raunchy vampire books full of gore and sex (like Blood Ties by Jennifer Armintrout.)

Ever read Laurell K. Hamilton? I have a few other authors but she is right up that alley. :p

I plan on reading and watchin Twilight but so far have heard nothing that makes me like it.

I have read Twilight and I'm not an obsessed fan, so has my mother she's 36 and she is more obsessed then I am and my sister is half way through the first book and we are talking about an English genius here, top of the class always in college. It's a book, anyone who takes it seriously needs to get their head checked. I think your post was a little exaggerted Saudade, unless that's the way it is in your country which in that case, the book needs to be banned from there.

JadeIcing wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:
I can see why so many people like it. I've read all three, but to be honest, I'm more about raunchy vampire books full of gore and sex (like Blood Ties by Jennifer Armintrout.)

Ever read Laurell K. Hamilton? I have a few other authors but she is right up that alley. :p

I'll have to check her out. I've been wanting some new books. :biggrin2:

What is so wrong with Twilight? Saudade I just don't get you.. I love it I guess you have your own thoughts though. I have seen it 13 times and love it....:) AND I CANT WAIT FOR NEW MOON! LOL :D

mardigraskisses wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:

I have a few you might like! I could send you a list. :)

I have to agree with the poor writing and the lame story line. But I don't agree that its brainwashing kids into thinking a certain way or that "abusive" relationships are ok. Thats taking it a bit too far. I think its just another lame teen vampire book that for some reason got popular and now its the "cool new thing" teens are obsessed over. Twilight just got lucky. It could have easily been anything else.

I also don't believe the twilight fans are violent or any more obsessed then other fans. Killing people because the aren't fans? I haven't heard of that. Do you have some links to back that up?

Teens pick on each other about everything. IF someone doesn't like twilight they might get made fun of but you can switch out twilight for pretty much anything(music, clothes, tv, movies) and the result would be the same. Its not twilight specific.

So I agree that its a poorly written, trashy teen romance book but I dont' agree that there is anything wrong with liking it. I dont' think its warping teen minds.

JadeIcing wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:

Sweet. Go ahead. :biggrin2:

mardigraskisses wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
mardigraskisses wrote:

Sweet. Go ahead. :biggrin2:
PM sent.

Latest posts

Back