Turmeric as a supplement?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nat1234

Reaction score
I've been looking for some natural supplements for my older rabbit. While he doesn't have joint issues I would like to look into giving some thing anti-inflammatory for his joints as a preventative. Does anyone on here use turmeric powder or know of any articles that speak of using it.

I don't have experience using it with my rabbits, but have read of another rabbit owner using it for her arthritic and disabled rabbit. But she also used several other joint supplements and meds. But several of the rabbit joint supplements on the market, do contain tumeric. I would imagine as a preventative, that it wouldn't hurt to try. I'm sure most, if not all, of the articles would be human based ones. I only found one study with tumeric and rabbits, but it was for something completely different.

I don't have experience using it with my rabbits, but have read of another rabbit owner using it for her arthritic and disabled rabbit. But she also used several other joint supplements and meds. But several of the rabbit joint supplements on the market, do contain tumeric. I would imagine as a preventative, that it wouldn't hurt to try. I'm sure most, if not all, of the articles would be human based ones. I only found one study with tumeric and rabbits, but it was for something completely different.
do you know of any besides the oxbow ones, not a fan of the ingredients used in them personally

Back