Tunnels to play in

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amundb

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a tunnel for Magnet toplay in, but I didn't want to spend the money to get it if bunniesdon't really go for it. I found a cute one onhttp://www.forotherlivingthings.com/pages/1/20/Sleepers_and_Playthings.html
called the Fuzz-E-Funnel...I liked the fuzzy part (I attached thepicture if the link doesn't go to the right page). He has acouple of toys, not too many, he's more interested in eating cardboardboxes. Better than eating the carpet though.

Does anyone else's bunnies play in these tunnels, or some otherrecommendation for something for him to play in? Also, webuilt him a 3 level NIC cube mansion with a wooden box for him to sleepin, but he never goes in it! He prefers sleeping out in theopen, either on top of the box or on the bottom of the cage on the hardplastic. What a weird bunny.

Ohh that looks like fun!,my bunnies love tunnels..they love to zip in and out of them

Yes my bunnies love those cardboard boxes too :)

I wouldn't worry to much if Magnet does not sleep in his box,he'sinside so no worries and anyway bunnies know when they are cold andwill find somewhere warm to sleep eventually :)

Happy holidays

cheryl

I think a cardboard tunnel would be better thanthat fuzzy one. I got Cocoa a "Chewbular" Play Tube (sizelarge) for like $5. He is always running through it and herips and chews the inside of it.

Although I should add, Cocoa is a dwarf mix, so a bigger bunny might not fit through the type of tube I have!!

I have a tunnel, but it's a 6' by 1' in diameterpiece of plastic pipe that I saved from the garbage pile when we moved,lol. My bunnies love it and half the timeI have to tip thetube to get them to come out. But I definitely advise either carboardof something other than fabric.

A good point was made, those bunny tunnels sold in stores are made fordwarf rabbits, I know that my 7-8 lb boys would not fit, lol.

My bunnies have something called a quik-tubebuilding form. You can buy them at large hardwarestores. They are about 5 feet long and they are big enougharound for my 9.5 lb and 8.5 lb buns to run through andplayin. They enjoy them a lot. They do make a mess withthem though because they love to lay in them and peel thecardboard.They are very in expensive and my bunsseem to enjoy them a lot! Sometimes they have even fallenasleep in there!! :DBeckie

My bunnies LOVE those cat tunnels. I have 4 ofthem linked together going around my room, and they run through them attop speed.

Mine do not have the furry material on the inside though. I wouldn'trecommend the cat tunnels with the furry lining on the inside incaseyour bunnies chew it or pee in the tunnel.

2bunmom wrote:
Mybunnies have something called a quik-tube building form. Youcan buy them at large hardware stores. They areabout 5 feet long and they are big enough around for my 9.5 lb and 8.5lb buns to run through andplay in. They enjoy thema lot. They do make a mess with them though because they loveto lay in them and peel the cardboard.They are veryin expensive and my buns seem to enjoy them a lot! Sometimesthey have even fallen asleep in there!!:DBeckie

Are they just made of cardboard?

Yes. Nibbles loves hers and hides toys inside it, too.

Both of ours have tunnels, and they both likethem. White Chocolate has one of those cardboard concrete molds fromthe building supply shop, because she's a chewer and shredder. Hazelhas a fuzzy tunnel my husband made her from a leftover piece of carpet.She likes it a lot, never chews it or pees in it. it all depends on thenature of your bun, whether they like chewing on cloth or not.
Here's a picture of Hazel's carpet tunnel:

(click on thumbnail to see pigger pic)

I have one that was made for cats, and mybunnies love it. Of course, they also like cardboard boxesand such. I just wanted to spend money on them. Andmy cats like it.

Mine doesn't have a fuzzy lining, it has smooth material that sounds crinkly like a paper bag.

2bunmom wrote:
Mybunnies have something called a quik-tube building form. Youcan buy them at large hardware stores. They areabout 5 feet long and they are big enough around for my 9.5 lb and 8.5lb buns to run through andplay in. They enjoy thema lot. They do make a mess with them though because they loveto lay in them and peel the cardboard.They are veryin expensive and my buns seem to enjoy them a lot! Sometimesthey have even fallen asleep in there!!:DBeckie
This is probably similar to what I use, it's a cardboard tube used forcement forms.Very cheap. (I took a picture of itfor you, but it seems that Pipp has managed to eat my camera cable --again). :grumpy

I find that I have to have it wedged in somewhere to keep it fromrolling or having it feel unsteady to them when they're in it, althoughI remember seeing that somebody took a saw or boxcutters to their's ancut off the bottom so it was more like a car tunnel than a round tunnel.

Mine willrun through it once in a while (well, Dill andSherry will), butpretty much to getfrom point a tob, they don't really play in it much.Imaytrycutting it.

sas

If you look behind Fattie, you'll see what the Quick Tube looks like.

RabbitsNovember132005008.jpg

They love theirs. I put it behind their NIC condo to keep itfrom rolling (and to keep them from chewing the baseboard there).

September122006047.jpg

They run in there and hide when I'm trying to pick them up.

my two have a cardboared tunnel. i think it wasa large size although my bunnies arnt that big but it is quite big forthem but they do liek to run through it and hide inside. the onlyproblem i have is that its made of cardboard and smot of the time mybuns live out and it rains a lot here and even if its not emant to rainit does or if it doesnt the ground is wet! i has been out in the rain afew times and all thats happened is that is gone less circular and theedges have wrinkled!

heres a pic - you can see the tunnel on the floor at the back, itsgreen and pruple on the outsdie and has ayellowmiddle

Greenhouse2.jpg

My buns have a few tunnels which they love, buttheir favourite is their long one with 3 entrances (as shown below),from my experience I'd say the longer and more 'burrow like' thebetter!;)

Milliesqeezingintopipe.jpg

The concrete cardboard tubes look like the bestbet for our little pooper...he loves to chew on cardboard.Plus I can get that one cut to any size and maybe put some holes in thesides for him like the fabric ones. Now if only he had abigger apartment to run around in for us to put the tube.I'll see what the fiancee says, since he's the one that lives with thebunny! ;) Btw, attached is a pic of the little guy.

Latest posts

Back