Tummy troubles!!!!!! ( worried about my bun)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ack!I wanted to type 'molting' instead of shedding! I guessthat's what happens when your first pets wereparakeets...

--Melissa and Umbra

Yes, it's commonly called "molt" rather than shedding withrabbits. From the American Rabbit Breeders Associationglossary:

MOLT: The act of shedding or changing fur.

More "molt" trivia: Another correct spelling of the term is"moult". Both mean the same and both spellings can either beused in noun or verb form.

Pam :cool:

StickyBird wrote:
It seems like many rabbits arehaving cases of GI stasis right now. I don't remember thishappening last year. Then again, maybe it's just a matter ofbad luck in conjunction with shedding.

Hi Melissa,

Pamnock had warned us a few week ago that now and in the Spring is whenmany cases of G.I. Stasis occur. I brush my babies every dayat this point.

-Carolyn

'Tis the season for GI stasis :(Studies have indicated that there is a synergistic effect betweenbacterias and viruses that lead to an inflammation of the intestine anddecrease in peristalsis (the involuntary muscular contractions thatmove food through the intestines). The exact pathogensinvolved in this disease in rabbits has not been identified.Opinions of the use of antibiotics for treatment differ, but becausestudies have so strongly implicated that bacterias are involved, I useantibiotics (tetracycline).

The change in weathercertainly contributes to the outbreak ofviral illnesses and rabbits are more susceptible as theygothrough seasonal molt, which places greater demands ontheir systems.

Pam

:DI really agree that itsmolting season, with the amount of fur I found on my bed I could makea new bunny :pI wonder if bunbun's fur color willchange during this time!!! she's on my lap right now, loosing half herfur as we speak...im brushing her:p:D

Thank you, Pamnock, again and again for helping us all to understand.

Luna21,

I am so happy to hear that your baby is in your arms and allowing you to groom her. What a sigh of relief!

Bunbun came so close. When you look at the dates of the thread, yourealize just how much of a miracle this turned out to be. Just like mybaby Tucker.

I look at Tucker and I just think about what almost was. I picture thespot where I was going to bury him. I can't believe he's alive.

I'm absolutely as Over the Top over Bunbun being alive for you. I doknow, and so does everyone else on this board know, what that ride was.The G.I. Stasis post that I put up took everything out of the memberson this forum. My post just drained them, but they were all watchingand waiting for BunBun's recovery.

We all look forward to the day that we can see pictures of BunBun, andin the meantime, do keep us posted on how the little one is doing andthe trouble she gets into.

-Carolyn

:Dthankyou Carolyn Im so happy u werethere to help us when we needed it!!!!! I will be getting a digitalcamera very soon and plan to show everyone how my baby is growing shewill be celebrating her first birthday after christmas im so excited!she is getting into plenty of trouble lately and growing so fast ican't believe it!! :p

Dearest Luna21,

No worries about pictures.

Just keep us posted on how our baby girl's doing. It's great to see you smiling again.

:)

Glad to have you and Bunbun aboard!

-Carolyn

well me and Bunbun are very happy to be a part ofsuch a wonderful web forum, with such nice and helpfulpeople!!:D:D:)recently bunbun had her first time out of herroom that I keep her in and into the rest of the house, she binkied andran about she was so thrilled then she fell asleep in the middle of myliving room :pit was too cute i wish I had taken apicture:p!

Back