Tuli <3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooly_queen

Reaction score
(Tuli is my 8 month old miniature australian shepherd)

The vetthinks that Tuli may have a new strain of Parvo. They said that there is another dog that has been there for 5 days and has the same exact blood results. They said that dog still isn't eating or drinking and is still having bloody stool and puking. So these two have all the symptoms of parvo, but still test negative...

So we are going to probably end up paying about $1,000 to keep her at the vet this week... if she doesn't die on her own before the end of it... they said that right now all they can do is try the treatment for parvo today and hope that is works. So their is a huge risk of her passing away this week. :tears2:They will be calling everyday to tell us how she is.

I am thanking God for my grandma...she is loaning us a lot of the money for her vet bills. Plus my mom and dad can't pay for our truck or the mortgage this month...
sad.gif

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers... I don't know what I would do if I lost her... Thank you.

I just said a prayer for her. I know exactly how you feel, lost my Hazel to bone cancer 3 weeks ago, had to put her to sleep.

I said to myself 'if she is in pain and it can't be treated, just let her be put to sleep, as hard as it is.

Thank you guys! I really appreciate the prayers and good thoughts for her!

My dad said that once we get up to about $1,500 in vet bills and if she's not getting any better, we'll have to euthanize her. :( So that gives her about 5 or 6 more days at the vet's office. Hhhhmmm... I miss her so much!!! :'(

I am sorry Briana! It is the roughest time, And its hard not to be with her to go threw this. I have lost my pug in 2008 from somebody ran him over with a snowmobile. He was still there but I had to let him go! I didnt want too, But I feel it was hes time and he needed it! (Hugs to you)

UPDATE:

Ok, so we just got back from errands and a vet visit. They said that Tuli had a bit of diarrea and pucked last night, but she has a lot of life back in her. She was actually standing up and being kind of inquisitive today. The vet said there is no guarantee, but we got her in there at a good time. So I am a little more hopefull today...

I will be thinking and praying for Tuli. I am glad she had a lot of life back in her. I hope she continues to improve. Keep us updated.

TULI GOT TO COME HOME YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pinkbouce::pinkbouce::yahoo::yahoo::pinkelepht::pinkelepht::party0002::party0002::panic::panic::dancingorig::bunnydance::bunnydance::happyrabbit::bunny18

She is still have a little bit of blood in her poo... but besides that, she is much better. Eating and playing like normal. She has to take 2 pills and some paste stuff everyday.

Sending lots and lots of vibes for continued improvement. I know how traumatic it can be to have a beloved pet very sick. Have you asked your vet about letting you do payment plans to help with the strain of the bills?

Back