Tues-Weds-Thurs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha - too true! They all roll into one.:shock:

The weather has been pretty nice here, although it's supposed to turn cold tomorrow (well...cold for us. Like 5*C:p).

Today I'vewritten 2 children's short storiesfor my English language coursework (staring my own pets).;) So far I've got "Ginger and the egg thief" and "The bunnies and the beast". Now I just need one focusing on Ollie the cat to make up my 1500 word count -but I can't think of an idea!:ponder:I think Millie and Ollie are enjoying being the stars though!:p

I hope everyone has a happy, safe, stress-free mid week!:hug:

LOL at the title of the thread!

Today we had to work on and hand in our 2007 Annual Review.
I've been streesed out all day doing it and just finished it a few minutes ago.
Of course, tomorrow my boss will say "Welllll....this wasn't exactly what I was looking for." It'd be easier if he just told us what he wanted instead of us having to guess. After all it does say; "To be completed by employee and their Team leader."

I'm outta here ...WOOT!!!

It's raining, but it's also 45F.

'morning...

...wednesday's here

cold...rainy....windy....

didn't sleep well....don't feel good....DON'T wanna go to work, but have to

need more coffee pleeze

The buns are ok, but several didn't finish their dinner from last night.
I'm halfway thru a 10lb bag, and they've been eating just fine.

I just checked on them and Chippy had pooped a big pile of soft/mushy/smelly poops :(

They all got water and fresh feed...hay cubes, too.
They all munched on breakfast...especialy the oatsies.
And they all passed the "Cheerio Test".

Praying for empty bowls and full litter pans when I get home.

Morning ALL! I like the title of this thread! LOL! Yeah, they all run together.

Rainy and nasty this morning, but it's stopped now. We're under a high wind alert for the day... but at least it's still above freezing. Friday might not be good weather for driving to Pennsyalvania for the Lebanon show. (Keeping fingers crossed that the ice won't be too bad.)

Working crazy hours this week so I can have Friday off. (grumble... I should be off this morning...) But it'll be worth it to go to the show for the weekend. Got all the bunnies tattooed last night. (Hate doing it, but the better I get, the faster I get them done.) Still gotta print out new pedigrees. (Bringing a few Juniors for the judges opinions. We'll see what they say!)

Jim, good luck with Chippy! (I'm running on caffeine too... gotta keep going...) Don't you just love bosses that tell you to do something, but don't tell you what they want? I have a boss like that!

Youngest daughter (age 15) was home from school sick yesterday, nasty stomach virus. She went in this morning, I'm hoping she makes it through the day. First week of the new semester. She doesn't want to fall behind, right at the beginning.

Oh Chippy..... gotta get those poops in check!

It's been a strange couple of days here in Indiana. Right now is SUNNY! tho so I'm happy about that. I'd like to see it later tho and go take a nap! :p

Hey Jim what kind of work do you do? For some reason I thought I read somewhere that you did Customer Service. I did that for almost 10 years (before I was laid off in October 2006). I was a C/S Supervisor (fancy title LOL) and really enjoyed it but boy you come across some real nasty people out there.

Hope you have a better day today.

Susan:)

G'day everybody! 'Tis raining here as well (freezing rain last night); when I went in to work it was around +1C, but they say the temp is supposed to drop rapidly this afternoon and have issued a *flash freeze* warning. I've never heard of that term before! And what timing, I'm taking my eldest kitty to the vet's after work for another round of inspection/sub-q's to try and help her ongoing digestive troubles. Not having a car sucks sometimes. (Actually it sucks most of the time, lol)

Tasha's going to stay at the vet's for 24 hours, then she comes home again and will be started on prednizone. The vet had suggested an endoscopy, but at $700. for the test (not including all other hosp. fees as well), that's pretty pricey, not to mention a pretty invasive test for such a frail little girl. She's 15 yrs old and weighs around 4 lbs; just an afterthought of a kitty! Anyway, they explained that the endoscopy might determine whether her problem is IBS or bowel cancer. Either way, she'd be treated with the same medication, as I wouldn't opt forharsh cancer treatments at her age...it'd be just too heartbreaking to put her through it.

A couple of people have already suggested to me that I have her put down, since (as they put it) 'she's 15...how much longer would she have left anyway?' But I couldn't even consider that right now. She's alert, still purring and trotting around the house, still bright-eyed and seems happy...it's just the danged bowel problems. As well-meaning as people can be, I often wish they wouldn't place their views on pets on others (obviously my pets are my family, and not designated as pets only). And she is one of the sweetest cats I've ever met. And (as with many of the pets who crossed my path) I didn't even want her initially...it was my son - who now lives in Toronto - who begged and pleaded that we keep her. But from the day she set foot in our apt she became 'my' cat...she adopted me, apparently for the long run. ;)

Anyway, that's pretty much what's going on here. That, and being bogged down with a lot of manuscripts to get through at work, and my supervisor panicking over it. Long story, but two of our groups merged together a few months ago, coming close to quadrupling my workload in one fell swoop. Thankfully I love what I do...! :D

JimD wrote:
Of course, tomorrow my boss will say "Welllll....this wasn't exactly what I was looking for." It'd be easier if he just told us what he wanted instead of us having to guess. After all it does say; "To be completed by employee and their Team leader."
Oh gosh, if I'm reading your post right, we used to do the same thing here, Jim. At my work we are divided into various groups, and most of the groups' supervisors would write up the employees' reviews and then go over it with them later. But in my group, we were supposed to write up our own assessment. Didn't make sense to me, but I did it. And then it would always wind up with me (and everyone elsein my group) having multiple meetings with the boss until we got our reviews exactly the way she wanted them.

Bassetluv wrote:
JimD wrote:
Oh gosh, if I'm reading your post right, we used to do the same thing here, Jim. At my work we are divided into various groups, and most of the groups' supervisors would write up the employees' reviews and then go over it with them later. But in my group, we were supposed to write up our own assessment. Didn't make sense to me, but I did it. And then it would always wind up with me (and everyone elsein my group) having multiple meetings with the boss until we got our reviews exactly the way she wanted them.

You hit that right on the nosey!

We used to do this 4 times a year, too! What a pain!

Now we only do it twice. I usually don't spend too much time on the first draft. This time I basicly copy & pasted my last review into the new form.
My leader comes in and says,"Wow, you did a fantastic job on this! Slam dunk!!"

After I picked my lower jaw off the floor, I thanked him.

Go figure!

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hey Jim what kind of work do you do? For some reason I thought I read somewhere that you did Customer Service. I did that for almost 10 years (before I was laid off in October 2006). I was a C/S Supervisor (fancy title LOL) and really enjoyed it but boy you come across some real nasty people out there.

Hope you have a better day today.

Susan:)

Yep. been doing CS for many years.

Where I'm at now, I'm a SCSR....SeniorCustomerServiceRepresentative....woo...hoo.

Just got off the phone with one of the nasties, too. :grumpy:
The harder time they give me...the harder of hearing I get..."What? Could you repeat that, please?"

You always hears about bad customer service, but with us it usually starts with a customer that has a bad attitude.

Prayers to Tasha!!

My sister's cat, Scout, is 15 years old, deaf, and mostly blind.
Yet she still knows when you get home, can still find you, and still get into your lap, and purrs louder that all the others.

Thanks for all the well wishes for Chippy!

I went into a state of panic earlier, because someone told me that my vet no longer worked at the Banfield Pet Hospital.
I got on the phone with the corporate office of Banfield and they told me that that practice had been sold.

NONONONONONONO!!!!

"BY WHO?"...says I.

"Dr. Frezzo"...says they.

That's my vet....SHE BOUGHT THE PRACTICE!!!!! YIPEEE!!!

:biggrin2:

Just sitting down to some supper...it'salmost 9pm.

Spent the last hour cleaning up Chippy's pen.

Lots of soft/runny/mushy/smelly poops.:(

This is getting to be very streesing for me....and her, too. :(
I worry all day about her when I should be home taking care of her.
But, it seems like it's a never ending issue.

I can tell that she's uncomfortable...and maybe a bit stressed, too. She nipped me.... twice. :(
I'm sure she's picking up on my feelings.
I'm going to try to calm myself a little and then go feed & water the buns.
I think I'll spend a little quality time with herand try to reassure her that I'm going to take care of her.

I think Chippy is starting to show some signs of being dehydrated....and that's all it takes for a downward spiral.
I'm going to ask Dr. Frezzo to show me how to administer sub-q...and see if she'll supply me with the necessary stuff.
I wish I had done it sooner.

Off to feed the buns and pray for an uneventful night.

I'm thinking I may have to get a lab culture done.
How fresh do samples have to be to get a good culture?

Howdy Jim, I usually get samples the night before a test. If it's hot, I put the wrapped/contained samples in the refrigerator until I take them to the vet.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Today at noon, I felt much better than I have in weeks, years, a couple of decades. Finalized my retirement plans - yipppeeeeeeee!

Busy busy day!

Left for work at 7 am. Worked from 8 am to 5 pm. Had dinner in the 'big city' and went to a committee meeting. Came home to get a call saying one of my 4-H advisors died tonight (co-advisor now that i'm an advisor) so plans have to be made to gather all the 4-H kids to attend services when they are planned. :?

Is it still Thursday or am I too late??:?

Busy, busy, and more busy at work!

I've only got about 15 minutes left !!

I can't wait to go home so I can check on Chippy. I'll be letting her out for some runtime to try to help get her gut moving more normal.

I agree... they all blend together! My week's consisted of looking busy because I still can't do my project until the person doing the revisions sits down with me (and I've been here 4 weeks already).

But tomorrow will be fun and different! I get to go in the underground mine and for a spin in one of those 2-story coal haul trucks. It will be pretty sweet.

Back