Trying to save her teeth before its too late

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BACI

Reaction score
Delilah was transfered to a new cage for postsurgical reasons and started gnawing on the bars. Maybe gnawing isputting it lightly; she would grab the door bars and shake the wholecage. I have transfered her back to her old cage but when I let her outshe runs to my bed and does the same thing on the nic cubes around thebottom of my bed. No matter what I do, that is all she is interestedin. Squirt bottle did not help. She has plenty of chewing outlets. Icant let her under my bed as that is where I have wires, plugs etc.Besides she is still not social so if she goes under there I cannot gether out. Any ideas??
PS I used to be able to leave her cage door open all day and now I haveto keep locking her in it because I am afraid she will ruin her teeth.I have read this can happen.

naturestee wrote:
I've heard of rabbits pulling their teeth out of alignmentby chewing on bars. If they do it a lot, you could tryrubbing soap, vinegar, or bitter apple spray on the bars.Whatever they hate the most.
I found this suggestion by Naturestee in another thread, could doingthis help? (I hope you don't mind me quoting you Naturestee!).

some folks use tabasco sauce on the bars. With my luck - the rabbits would LOVE it...but that is another option.

Thanks, I wanted to make sure that the bitterapple was safe for rabbits too, I have used it for thedog.Thanks/images/emoticons/wink.gif

Let me know if you figure something out! Kitkatdoes that ALL night long on her cage door. I can't seem to findanything that will stop her. Haven't tried putting anything on the bars(like vinegar ect..) my luck though, with a rabbit that would eatanything, she'd like the taste too!

Latest posts

Back