Trying to get rabbits to Atlanta

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponyta

Reaction score
I need to get my rabbits to Atlanta, but my budget is very, very small. Does anyone know of a reasonable service? Delta flies them cargo for around $150-200, but that's still quiet a bit considering I need to buy a carrier and get them checked by a vet. I'd like to get them and myself their for $200, but I don't know of any way that would be possible.

Ideas?

We're in central Iowa.

Are there any rabbit shows in the area in the near future? Some breeders are willing to transport for a small fee of about $10-25 per carrier. Depending on the distance and timing, it may take a day or 2 to get there. Try contacting breeder clubs in the area (both Iowa and Atlanta) to see if anything can be worked out.

Some rescues (dog, cat and other species) do travel to pick up or drop off animals. They may be willing to transport your rabbits for a small donation.

How are you getting there? While buses usually don't allow pets (you can check), trains might. You might also be able to find someone going that way and you could offer to split the costs. If you drive, you could rent a car, but the hotels can be expensive.

It would be tricky to do a trip for $200. Most hotels around here at $100 a night and up. You could try motels and not tell them you have a rabbit (you would need to keep the place really clean). Gas is expensive right now and that doesn't help.

I'll definately try the show route. We have the state fair here, and it's a HUGE deal. Jack was actually a show rabbit in his former life. Mini Rex's seem to be a big deal here. I know people would be coming in for August for the fair, but I'm looking to get out of here in May/June. That would be way to long, unless I could find a cheap temp. room.

I think another option would be to meet someone in Chicago. I noticed on Atlanta's and Iowas rideshare page on CL they have a lot of people coming and going from Chicago, and I could easily get there. I'm not sure how much the cost would be though, probably averaging around $200. Better then taking a bus and having to have someone else send the rabbits on a plane that night.

Trains are to expensive.

-sigh-

>.

Latest posts

Back