trying to bond- failed yet again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUSTBUNNY-CLYDE

Reaction score
so I finally got revolution on the boys and took them outside to frolic in the yard! They absolutely loved it, digging, binkying, playing with each other. then 10 minutes later, the fur started flying!!! We waited about 3 mos. to attempt the bonding again since they've been so lovey with each other through their playfence. Failed again!!! We cant do the car rides, since last time it through Dustbunny into beginnings of GI stasis!! Bad Baby Bunny Brothers!!! hahahahah!!! It's definitely the love-hate thing with these two!!! They always have to lay next to each other next to the fence!! They hate when they cant see each other. oh well we'll have to try again sometime???? Maybe I'll just go and get them girlfriends that they'll like!! hahahahaha!!!

Sounds like you have your handsful!! Have you thought of neutering them? Male buns can be very territorial and unfortunatly if they are fighting it out now the likely hood of it changing would be quite rare especially with their little man bits intact! I neutered my buck & he is now being a beautiful role model for his 2 boy & girl 8 week old kits- teaching them toilet training, grooming & healthy eating & sharing his night hutch & play room with them no probs at all- something he would have never done with his man bits intact! Neutering definatly can be the solution

That´s a shame but it may still be possible. I have three buns who were all bonded. Two who´d lived together since birth started fighting at about 8 months and I decided to get them all neutered. They took a bit of bonding back after the neuter but were fine again. At Christmas, I spent a lot of time away from them and put them all together and the scuffling started again and I had to separate them with two of them who get on living together and the other one separately. After 7 and odd long months, I set up my balcony last week so they could use that as a run, they do get free time in the house but I´ve had to let them out separately. I put them both on the balcony and after about 15 minutes, they started to groom each other. I think the unfamiliar territory, they were a bit cautious has solved things. Over the 7 months, they have had periods with time together and I had tried rebonding in the bathroom but it never fully worked and there were minor scuffles which sometimes I´d let ride as they´d walk away from each other. I think that you just need to let them work out their problems which could take some time but, like mine, they may well settle their differences and go back to been best buddies. The only thing you really need is lots of patience.

Latest posts

Back