Truffle binkied for the first time!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12lawliet12Snickers, Truffle

Reaction score
For the past week I've been trying to get Truffle used to being spoiled rotten, feeding him hay, introducing him to vegetables, giving him run of my bedroom, that sort of thing. He was a spur of the moment Easter bunny for his previous owner, and spent his entire life inside a 1 1/2 foot by 2 foot cage, living on pine bedding, being fed dollar store feed with no hay and no vegetables at all. When I got him, his water bottle and food dish were both empty, and the bottle was bone dry. He didn't know what to think of me leaving his cage door open and didn't know what the hay wheel was. Snickers had to teach him what hay was I'm slowly introducing him to vegetables, starting with carrot tops and dandelions. Anyway, today I was lying in bed reading, and I hear a loud thumping noise. I look over, and he's binkying! He's actually binkying! It nearly brought tears to my eyes, to see a rabbit who had been so abused learn to have fun and not be scared or lonely. Snickers joined in on the binky party, and they even woke up my mice(my boyfriend calls them "the three mousketeers")! I'm just so happy that he's not cooped up in that tiny cage anymore and can finally be a rabbit. He's starting to trust me, too. When I lay on the ground, he comes and lays next to me, while Snickers prefers to sit on my back.

Last edited:
oh god... how could anyone keep a bunny in a 1.5'x2' cage?? let alone with no food or water or hay and bedding that could make him sick. he is BEYOND lucky to have been rescued by you!

I'm thrilled for both you and Truffle that he's discovering how wonderful life can be with an owner who actually gives a **** about him. I can't imagine the weight that's been lifted off his little bunny shoulders to no longer have to constantly worry about when the next meal might finally show up or sit there desperately thirsty and wondering when he'll finally be able to quench his thirst. he's finally got room to run and play and just be a happy little house rabbit :D

Oh, I know! I cried when I saw how he was treated. I still have that tiny cage, it came with him, but he only goes in there to eat and drink and occasionally to sleep. When I first filled up his water bottle, he drank and drank until it was almost half empty. I'm just so glad I got him out of there. What kind of person could treat an innocent creature like that I hope they never get another animal again.

:clapping: That's so wonderful for Truffle! That's fantastic you were able to rescue him and let him know love. I hate people, I can't belive someone could treat a bun so horribly. They should be spoiled and now Truffle knows it too. :) Great job!

Today Snickers is teaching him how to play with the wicker ball I got them. And he can't get enough of carrot tops, every day I pull one for him from my garden. I tried giving him basil and mint, but he didn't seem too keen on either of those, and I can't start more dandelions or marigolds till spring, even if it is a mild winter this year. Do you have any ideas for treats I could give him? I want to spoil him.

That is SOO great of you. I can not imagine not having water (takes a big sip of water).

Latest posts

Back