Trouble feeling pellets and greens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alfy had a delicate tummy when she was little so I only fed her hay and a small amount of pellets, introducing veges slowly. Now she's a bit older (5.5 months) she seems to be a lot better so she's on normal amounts of good now and her poos are normal! I was worried but it settled as she grew!

If you can, it would probably be good to at least get a fecal sample into them to test asap this week.

I'll do that as soon as I can.

Clementine seems a bit better today. Very few soft poops along with a lot of normal droppings. Still a hungry little girl, and drinking water too. :)

Still a bit concerned about seeing soft and darker poops intermittently, even with no veg or pellets in the diet. I'm going to call the rabbit vet tomorrow and organise to see them on Tuesday. I hope the little ones don't mind travelling together!

Still a bit concerned about seeing soft and darker poops intermittently, even with no veg or pellets in the diet. I'm going to call the rabbit vet tomorrow and organise to see them on Tuesday. I hope the little ones don't mind travelling together!

Is this after you put them back on their normal diet?

Vanessa

No, still just on hay for Clemmie. Felix had a few pellets yesterday but he still seems all normal. Hoping that the vet can fit them both in for a checkup next Tuesday.

Still intending on taking them both for a checkup when I can, but I had a thought - could ingesting large amounts of a mineral lick cause tummy upset? Felix has never been interested in his mineral stone but Clem's taken a liking to it. It's banana flavoured, and she licks it and also gnaws at it with her teeth, and appears to ingest a bit of it. I've noticed her doing it a LOT more recently.

They don't need a mineral lick, so just in case it's the cause, I would definitely take it away, just in case and see if there's an improvement :)

I didn't want to take it away because Clem really enjoys it, but I'll remove it for a few days and see if there's any change. :)

Latest posts

Back