Trixie's spay went well

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrixieRabbit

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Time for an update! Trixie was spayed yesterday afternoon. The vet saidher spay went well, but they found a little suprise in my girl'sbowels: PIN WORMS! BLECH! She was apparently infested with them and Inever even noticed! I felt so bad :(But Dr. Saver told me sheprobably had them before I evengot her. Shegave mesome meds to give her for the pin worm every 10 days. For the firsttime ever, I had to orally give her medicine with a syringe. I was SONERVOUS, but it went down ok.

Anyway, when they brought her out to me, BOTH EARS were standingstraight up! Never saw her do anything like that before! They stood upfor about 10 mins, then flopped back down.

I brought her home and put her in her smaller starter cage. Poor thingwas grinding her teeth in pain and wouldn't even eat her banana withthe metacam in it, so I had to give it to her orally as well. She justlooks like she is in pain, and I hate seeing that look in her eyes.
The vet called around 10pm to see how she was doing and also calledthis morning. What WONDERFUL vets Dr Saver and Dr. George are! Theytruly care for their patients....

Trixie should be OK to go back into her regular cage in a couple of days...

In the meantime, she needs lots of hugs and good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks!
Denise

Glad that her spay went well - it's so nervewracking. Also, welcome to the Pin Worm club - so far myselfand Runestonez are members.

:)

Ug! I hope we're not a member!

I'm so glad Trixie's spay went well. I found that the only thing Jordiwould eat is alfalfa hay. Do you have some warm towels or warm ricesocks you can give her for comfort?

Yay for Trixie! Well, not for thepinworms but I guess they're not too uncommon and not as terrible as alot of other intestinal parasites.

Is she eating much yet? Warmth can really help her feel better if she's still pretty sore.

Aww...poor girl...how hard that must be for ourbabies...I don't look forward to having to do that with mine...but itis inevitable. :(

I'm so happy to hear that Trixie is doing well in general,though! Also, though it's never great to hear something waswrong with your baby that you didn't know about, glad to hear theycaught it, and she'll be perfectly healthy now! :)

What a wonderful girl. She's a true gem, your sweetTrixie! I would LOVE to have seen a picture of thoseears!! Of course, I probably get a good glimpse of what itmust have looked like with Flower, my sillyI-have-lop-ears-but-won't-let-them-fall girl. Hehe!!

Wonderful news, and we three send loads of hugs and good wishes your guys' way!!!

:bunnydance::bunnydance: Maisie and Flower send both a HappyBunny-we-wish-you-well Dance, and hugs!:hug2:hug::hug1:thumbup

Back