Trixie Getting Neutered Tommorrow (trixieismyfunnybunny)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monklover

Reaction score
Trixieismyfunnybunny's Trixie is getting neutered tomorrow! I'm sure everything will go great and I will probably be helping her with any questions she has. Any before- op things Trixe needs to do? How about after op besides staying in a small area?

Thanks!

Megan! :biggrin2:

Good luck to Trixie! I'm sure her owner is worried. Remind her owner to be sure to get pain meds for Trixie! It seems like a lot of vet offices are letting owners leave with their bunnies and no pain medication.

Yeah. Ok so Trixie is home and I guess doing fine. So I told Irie TONS of times make SURE to get pain meds. She said ok ok. So then after Trix's surgery Irie asked for pain meds and the vet said to just give him aspirin. I'm really mad at this and she tried and she said she was arguing with them. But shes 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most adults don't respect kids enough.... ok... so suggestions any one? I know Irie tried REALLY hard to get them.

ALSO: is aspirin good for rabbits? Is it even good for after a surgery and for pain?

EDIT AGAIN: I just read that aspirin can help with pain but will it be enough? dosage anyone? I just want Trixie to be OK. Thanks

:grumpy: Megan

Argh! Just because your friend is young, doesn't mean she's clueless. I can't believe they refused to give the bunny pain meds! Maybe Irie's parents should call and insist on the pain meds? I don't know about aspirin, that's a terrible thing to tell a rabbit owner. Aside from not knowing if it's safe, how is the average owner supposed to figure out how much to give? And I doubt aspirin does much for the amount of pain an animal would have from surgery :grumpy: Poor Trixie.

Sorry, is Trixie a girl? Was this a spay or neuter? Spays are much more invasive and definitely need meds as well as neuters do, but not as much. No, asprin. Geez. Can't they give some metacam at least? If it was me? I'd have an adult call or go in, and demand Metacam or better!:grumpy: Poor Trixiepoo.

I remember Irie saying that Trixie was actually male, right? The pet store or somewhere sexed him wrong?

Rabbits generally do fine with a neuter, and before they leave give them a long lasting dose of pain meds, so I would say he would be fine. Males are usually quite good, and should be up and back to his normal self by tomorrow, or at least the next day. I wouldn't personally worry about pain medications at this point unless he seems to be in pain or in severe discomfort.

Bruno didn't get any pain medications to take home with, just the dose at the vets before he left, and managed very well.

*ETA - Oh yup, Trixie is male.. just went back and looked at her old post.

Spring wrote:
I remember Irie saying that Trixie was actually male, right? The pet store or somewhere sexed him wrong?

Rabbits generally do fine with a neuter, and before they leave give them a long lasting dose of pain meds, so I would say he would be fine. Males are usually quite good, and should be up and back to his normal self by tomorrow, or at least the next day. I wouldn't personally worry about pain medications at this point unless he seems to be in pain or in severe discomfort.

Bruno didn't get any pain medications to take home with, just the dose at the vets before he left, and managed very well.

*ETA - Oh yup, Trixie is male.. just went back and looked at her old post.
Thanks, Spring! As the name is a bit confusing:p. He should do just fine;).

Yes Trixie is a male. The name has not been changed yet. Irie says that Trixie is doing good and doesn't seem to be in pain. She also said he is already eating which is good.

One thing she said was that he is not pooping or peeing yet. I have never actually gone through a spay or neuter before but when I got Roxie, it was about a day after the spay and she was not eating a lot and was not pooping for a while.

So I think these potty habits are normal for now but she should be expecting some poops soon right?

I got chevy home from his surgry and he peed right after I changed his cage to something better. So he peed as soon as we got home.

Poop I think chevy did not poo tel he got to have a little space to hop around in my small kitchen. Which was 1 to 2 days after surgry but he peedas soon as he got home.

Thats really all I know about nueter but thought it might help

Yeah... Irie said that as soon as Trixie got home, he went right to get a drink of water... so I guess it should be coming out to...

Latest posts

Back