Trip

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittanyandFruFru

Reaction score
I need some advice from all you rabbit lovers...

Next week I am going to be taking a trip and will be away for about six days. My rabbit sitter will be popping in and out to tend to the rabbit. But I am worried about leaving him since he meets me at the door when I get home at night. I don't want him to get depressed with my absence. He runs free during the day and with the sitter only stopping by I am worried about leaving him out all day without me there.

Do you all have any suggestions how to make the transition for both of us easier? What has worked for you in the past?

The only thing I have found is making sure my pet sitter has clear instructions. I write everything up and leave it for her. I also usually call and check in.

I let my rabbits run free when I am at work and out of the house. But when I go on vacation, I usually keep them in their cage area. I would make there cage area bigger. But it made me feel better. I didn't have to worry about them getting to any wires or getting stuck behind something even though my pet sitter came twice a day. I also think it made it easier for the pet sitter to check on the rabbits, as they were easier to find. When they run lose, they could be anywhere in my 1600 sq feet house. I would have gone crazy if they were running free when I was gone.

Good luck. I know it is stressful. I think having a pet sitter you trust really helps.

Thanks Amy. I never thought about confining him to a larger area. My mother is the sitter and he's been around her quite a bit. I just hate leaving him, he's my baby.

Latest posts

Back