Trip to the vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
Our fellas are due for their annual trip to thevet. They have been separated since last September, and we'venot yet successfully re-bonded them. I know some ofyou have mentioned a ride in the car as a means of possibly bonding apair. I'm wondering if it would be safe to put these guys ina carrier together for the trip to the vet? Mynightmare scenario is having them start a brawl while in the carrier,but I imagine that the fear of travel might prevent that.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Jeff

My partner and I will most likely both be in thecar, with one of us in the back seat with the rabbits (probablyme). The ride to the vet is only about 10 minutes, but thebunnies really dislike the travel & hate the vets office evenmore! Poor little guys.

Jeff

I'd just like to add that rabbit usually doo'kay in a "running" car. However, I would still adviseseperate carriers until they get into the running car, and during thevet visit.

Sandra

I recently bonded two bunnies, and youmight want to try putting them in the tub to speed the bonding process.It worked well with them.They don't feel secure thereandwill likely turn to each other. Definately DON'T put themin the same carrier. Bunnies have very sharp claws and will tear intoeach other before you can do anything about it and their long teethmake bites very suseptable to abcesses. Abcesses are very difficult totreat on rabbits as they can't take internal antibiotics. It's a verylong processfor them toheal from.I lostmy bunny Foster to an abcess.

Latest posts

Back