Trip Planning - post Aug. 19

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4cm wrote:
I've got a few questions still:
  1. Do we need to bring all the carriers available to us that will be used to transport these rabbits to Texas?
  2. If yes, then where will these carriers be stored?
  3. How many rabbits are we bringing back for speuters since Dr. Shaw is unavailable?
  4. Where will the rabbits we bring back live in the meanwhile?
  5. What time does Dr. Martinez's clinic close if we are to drop off rabbits on Sunday evening?
We're not going to worry about Texas tomorrow, just the advance guys, so as many as possible up to 16 for Saanich, although we technically have homes for about 25 right now including Bowen Island. Doubt we'll catch that many tho...

(Not sure about Ellie and Mack -- they're house bunnies right now and I'm pretty darn fond of Mack -- and Neal will have to stay a house bunny).

The bunnies will need to stay here, I'm sure we can round up temp homes if they're staying in their carriers before going to Sannich, will have to check with Laura-Leah and the other Vancouver people.

Joseph will probably wait for us, he'll stay at the clinic if he has to, but he does need a bit of notice. He hasn't called me back.

Finding a temp foster home somewhere around Christina would be nice, she can take them in Monday if Sunday isn't an option.

We can always advertise on Craigslist.

s

We still need another trip. Laura-Leah is keeping the little harlequin dutch, LOL!, so we don't even have enough for the existing santuaries, we can house 25, we only have 10.

Too late for tomorrow, and that leaves Wednesday. :sigh:

They start trapping Wednesday night, they plan on delivering 96 rabbits on Thursday, so trappers and UVic staff will be around and likely interfering after Wed..

s

Finally caught up on my sleep from the Tuesday night trip. How's the tan one? Is it a boy or a girl.. maybe I should break even with 20 rabbits .. hah.

Is the injunction still in place? Are we going for another pull or what's happening?

I'm going Thursday on the first ferry. :yawn:

This is official pick up. At this point we can shut down the Task Force part of the thing seeing as the OFFICIAL rescue is kicking off and we need things to be out there in the public.

Any trapping talk, etc, can stay here tho...

Latest posts

Back