Trio housing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristen13

Reaction score
So some insite, I obviously have three rabbits, all Holland lops. Felix (male), Koda (female), and Clover (female). I got them in that order, my plan was for only felix and koda but they had other plans. About a year ago felix broke through the gate and ran down to the room koda was kept in, roughly a month later she had three kits and only one survived. I knew a trio could be difficult to manage, but I got them spayed and neutered koda and felix took to eachother right away. Due to health problems clover had to be separated by a gate but was still kept in the same room. Once she was cleared to try bonding it took time as she would run away from the other, but they are now successfully a bonded trio. They have free roam of my bedroom with a huge play pen for outside. I have a kaytee cage, that stays open all the time as a bed/hide away but it's hardly big enough for two to lay completely let alone all three. They all use it so I dont want to just take it away, but I would like some input on something more spacious for them all to comfortably enjoy together. I should note that though they are all litter trained, the girl get lazy and will pee inside the cage even with all the litter boxes being cleaned. So If I get something wood based I need ideas on how to protect it from their urine. Thank you in advance!

Latest posts

Back