Trio bonding....How do I know its just not going to work?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bethstang

Reaction score
Hi,
I posted a question a week or two ago about bonding a trio. If you want to read the story the title of the post is "Trio bonding..not going so well, help.
How do I know when its time to stop trying. Cracker Jack still chases Cornelius, there is no fighting, just hair pulling from around the hips by Cracker Jack. Both parties are fine with Giligan, the third rabbit. Cornelius is obviously nervous around Cracker Jack, he always gets out of his way even when Cracker Jack is not showing any signs of "get out of my way" Sometimes I peek in on them and they are sitting next to each other and then the next minute hair pulling. Chasing is really bad when its feeding time. Cracker Jack does not want Cornelius in the litterbox when hay is present, so I put hay in 2 boxes. Will one of them finally give in? Or is it hopeless, they have now been living together for about 3 weeks.

Thanks so much
Beth

As long as it's not fighting and just 'get out of my way' type nipping going on, then it still may work out, and it could be that your one bun may continue to just be the odd man out. Some bonding can take several months just to get the rabbits to a point where they can tolerate being around each other.

Latest posts

Back